Lost 25 pounds

Options
Navymustng
Navymustng Posts: 79 Member
Finally, after years of fighting the weight, I did it. I have lost 25 pounds since June. I started counting calories here, running and bowflex with the BFL plan. I am not on BFL as strick as I could be, but I follow the guidelines of BFL for weight training. I feel great.

Let me hear your success. BFL is a lifestyle.

I will never go back. Never.

Life is good!

Replies

• paxbfl
    paxbfl Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Sorry, just saw this post! The BFL group is pretty quiet because it's not the latest "hip" workout. But the principles of BFL are totally sound. The program definitely works!

I call what I do "BFL + MFP". I follow the BFL plan by eating 5-6 small meals each day, focusing on quality protein and complex carbs, lifting for a "high point" and doing HIIT for cardio. I do an occasional "free day" as BFL recommends - not every week but usually about twice a month. I also log everything with MFP and look at my BMR and TDEE to set my net calorie goals for the day (depending what my goals are). I use a Polar FT7 Heart-rate monitor to track all my workout burns.

As I lost weight and felt great I caught the running bug again, and ended up setting a PR for the half-marathon last Fall at the age of 46.

I started in October of 2012... 4 months later (February 2013) I had lost 40 pounds. I've lost another 10 since then, and am currently close to my goal weight and body fat % (12%). So I'm basically in maintenance mode for winter with the expectation that I might drop a few more pounds when running season starts up again in the Fall.

Great job on your BFL success!
  • DaveMurphy6
    DaveMurphy6 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    MFP really increases the efficiency of BFL for me. Exercise has never been a problem for me but the tracking on MFP certainly helps when I can look over the last 30, 60, or 90 days and see what I have accomplished. The real help though has been the calories being tracked. It keeps me aware of where I am at on a ongoing basis and makes me think twice about what I eat and how much.

One of my mentors always said "what gets counted gets done" and MFP has really helped me with the counting