Who Are We??

Options
luvs_choc8
luvs_choc8 Posts: 788 Member
I am thinking this group is a little too quiet and thought it might be fun to talk a little about ourselves. I have come up with 7 questions describing who we are.

1. First Name:

2. Single/Married/Divorced:

3. Children:

4. Where do you live:

5. Favourite Non-Healthy Food/Favourite Healthy Food:

6. Favourite Exercise:

7. One question you have regarding "your journey" for everybody else in the group.

Copy and Paste the questions and fill-in the blanks. I will go first. I look forward to getting to know everybody a little better.

:love: :flowerforyou:

Replies

• luvs_choc8
    luvs_choc8 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    1. First Name: Donna

2. Single/Married/Divorced: Married for 25 years

3. Children: 2 boys - 23 & 21

4. Where do you live: Alberta, Canada

5. Favourite Non-Healthy Food/Favourite Healthy Food: Chocolate / Desert Yogurt, Chicken Ceasar Salad

6. Favourite Exercise: Walking

7. One question you have regarding "your journey" for everybody else in the group. How to get my husband to buy into this process so that we can do it together??
  • SutapaMukherji
    SutapaMukherji Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    1. First Name: Sutapa. Better known among friends as Dona :smile:

2. Single/Married/Divorced: Married happily since the last 2.5 years :drinker:

3. Children: Not yet :blushing:

4. Where do you live: Hyderabad, India :smile:

5. Favourite Non-Healthy Food/Favourite Healthy Food: Walnut brownies and red velvet cupcakes/ Oats and most fruits

6. Favourite Exercise: Swimming and Weights (Ohh!! I cannot choose one from these two!! :ohwell: )

7. One question you have regarding "your journey" for everybody else in the group: How not to be tempted about my trigger foods :frown:
  • padisneyfour
    Options
    1. First Name: Tammy

2. Single/Married/Divorced: Married 23 years this past july

3. Children: 2 daughters (one almost 19 and one 20) both in college

4. Where do you live: NW Pennsylvania

5. Favourite Non-Healthy Food/Favourite Healthy Food: chocolate/ bananas,yogurt and oatmeal

6. Favourite Exercise: walking.

7. One question you have regarding "your journey" for everybody else in the group. nothing right now
  • mjkanaan
    mjkanaan Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    1. First Name: Mona

2. Single/Married/Divorced: Divorced

3. Children: Twins, boy and girl, 13 - will be 14 in February (despite them being teenagers, they are amazing and I couldn't be more blessed!)

4. Where do you live: Kalamazoo, Michigan

5. Favourite Non-Healthy Food/Favourite Healthy Food: Sweets (candy, chocolate), Italian food, Mexican food/ fruits, yogurt

6. Favourite Exercise: Running (took up this summer), weights

7. One question you have regarding "your journey" for everybody else in the group: how to fit exercise in when I work full time (even more so in the upcoming months (I'm a tax accountant)), and in between running my kids around to all of their activities, taking into account that I'm a single mom, so I do all of the running around.... it always seems like I schedule "me" time and something comes up!
  • DNeumeier
    DNeumeier Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    1. First Name: Donna

2. Single/Married/Divorced: Married for 35 years

3. Children: 3 - boy 35 years old, boy 31 years old, girl 28 years old, 4 grandchildren - girl 14, boy 12, girl 9 and girl 5

4. Where do you live: Saskatchewan, Canada "Go Riders!"

5. Favourite Non-Healthy Food/Favourite Healthy Food: Anything with caramel in it / Salad with roasted red pepper dressing

6. Favourite Exercise: Zumba

7. One question you have regarding "your journey" for everybody else in the group. How do the rest of you handle happy hour? I get together with a group of girlfriends on Fridays at someones house where we enjoy a couple of drinks and the best appetizers we can come up with! Yumm
  • crabbyab90
    crabbyab90 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    1. First Name: Abby

2. Single/Married/Divorced: Married for 3.5 years :)

3. Children: 1...a 2.5 yo daughter :)

4. Where do you live: Lakewood WA

5. Favourite Non-Healthy Food/Favourite Healthy Food: Chocolate! And healthy- salads loaded with goodies :)

6. Favourite Exercise: Dancing and walking

7. One question you have regarding "your journey" for everybody else in the group. Anyone else gf?
  • dointammy
    dointammy Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    1. First Name: Tammy

2. Single/Married/Divorced: Single

3. Children: none

4. Where do you live: Wisconsin

5. Favourite Non-Healthy Food/Favourite Healthy Food: Non-healthy... Pizza Healthy... apples

6. Favourite Exercise: Richard Simmons sweating to the Oldies Also Tae-Bo

7. One question you have regarding "your journey" for everybody else in the group Why have I stopped. I was doing really well, exercising, eating right, posting every day. now I struggle just to post :sad:
  • Teeganv85
    Teeganv85 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    1. First Name: Teegan

2. Single/Married/Divorced: Live in Boyfriend

3. Children: No

4. Where do you live: Perth

5. Favourite Non-Healthy Food/Favourite Healthy Food: uhmm too many fish and chips/mi goreng/ lasagne - Favourite health good is chicken and salad

6. Favourite Exercise: any type of cardio kick boxing

7. One question you have regarding "your journey" for everybody else in the group. how to get my boyfriend not roll his eyes at me when i want to modify a meal to eat healthy (i.e brown rice instead of white)
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,082 Member
    Options
    1. First Name: Jackie

2. Single/Married/Divorced: Married 10 years

3. Children: 3 ... 2 daughters and a son plus Joey my grandson!

4. Where do you live: Las Vegas

5. Favourite Non-Healthy Food/Favourite Healthy Food: non-heathy ice cream / heathy fruit

6. Favourite Exercise: I love mornings runs

7. One question you have regarding "your journey" for everybody else in the group.... How to stay focus on weekends when you do awesome on weekdays, :sad: :sad:
  • crybaby2384
    crybaby2384 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    1. First Name: Amber

2. Single/Married/Divorced: Married 2 years

3. Children: 23 month old girl, 5 year old boy, 11 year old boy

4. Where do you live: Illinois

5. favorite Non-Healthy Food/favorite Healthy Food: Non healthy food- CHOCOLATE!! Healthy food - Strawberries

6. favorite Exercise: Yoga

7. One question you have regarding "your journey" for everybody else in the group. How do I get myself not to stress/ emotional eat?
  • pamcuster
    pamcuster Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    1. First Name: Pam

2. Single/Married/Divorced: Married, 25 years

3. Children: One daughter, three sons (one grandson!)

4. Where do you live: Columbia, Kentucky

5. Favourite Non-Healthy Food/Favourite Healthy Food: Cheez-its and animal crackers/ Greek yogurt

6. Favourite Exercise: yoga for strength and flexibility/walk-run for cardio

7. One question you have regarding "your journey" for everybody else in the group: no questions right now!
  • pinupchick82
    pinupchick82 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I ushusually just do it most the time he dose not even notice and then he just gets use to it but my husband is not to pickyand idoall the shoping and cooking sohe knows what ill say if he dose not like it he is more then welcome to cook but he dose not mind the changes after he has tried them
  • lyndabyh
    lyndabyh Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    1. First Name: Lynda

2. Single/Married/Divorced: married 19.5 years

3. Children: 3 teenage boys :noway:

4. Where do you live: Peterborough, Ontario

5. Favourite Non-Healthy Food/Favourite Healthy Food: Ice cream and chocolate/ Healthy - fruit, any type of berry, mangos and pretty much any salad going

6. Favourite Exercise: just started weight lifting and love it, same with Yoga up till now has been mostly cardio ( which I do enjoy but different is fun)

7. One question you have regarding "your journey" for everybody else in the group. How do I break this cycle of losing 2-3 and then gaining them back??

:love: :flowerforyou:
    [/quote]
  • DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    1. First Name: Anna

2. Single/Married/Divorced: Married for 2.5 years

3. Children: 4 kids & 8 grand children

4. Where do you live: Bremerton, Wa.

5. Favourite Non-Healthy Food/Favourite Healthy Food: anything sweet pretty much / Desert Yogurt, most fruits

6. Favourite Exercise: Zumba

7. One question you have regarding "your journey" for everybody else in the group. How to get my husband to buy into this process so that we can do it together??
  • alicebot
    alicebot Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    1. First Name: Shruti

2. Single/Married/Divorced: Married(2.5 months)

3. Children: No

4. Where do you live: Chicago

5. Favourite Non-Healthy Food/Favourite Healthy Food: Fries/Fruits

6. Favourite Exercise: Kickboxing

7. One question you have regarding "your journey" for everybody else in the group. How much should I lift?
  • krush1957
    krush1957 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    1. First Name: Kathy

2. Single/Married/Divorced: Married 22 yrs

3. Children: 1 daughter (mini-me) 2 boys and 6 grands

4. Where do you live: Missouri

5. Favourite Non-Healthy Food/Favourite Healthy Food: Anything sweet.... Salads of strawberries, feta cheese and walnuts YUM!

6. Favourite Exercise: I like lifting

7. One question you have regarding "your journey" for everybody else in the group. How do you keep motivated to cool the healthy stuff instead of just grabbing the junk?
  • Sul3i
    Sul3i Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    1. First Name: Sulei (pronounced sue Lee)

2. Single/Married/Divorced: married

3. Children: 1 (13 yr old son)

4. Where do you live: upstate NY

5. Favourite Non-Healthy Food/Favourite Healthy Food: cake/banana w pnut butter

6. Favourite Exercise: jogging

Question I have for the group is so far what has been your favorite NSV or what NSV can't u wait for? My particular fav was wearing a sexy little black dress for the first time and feeling amazing in it!
  • edwardskimber
    edwardskimber Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    1. First Name: Kimberly

2. Single/Married/Divorced: Married 23 years

3. Children: 6 - 1 girl/5 boys - ages 5, 7, 15, 17, 20, 22

4. Where do you live: Idaho

5. Favourite Non-Healthy Food/Favourite Healthy Food: Brownies - Apples & Berries, Greek Yogurt

6. Favourite Exercise: Pilates

7. One question you have regarding "your journey" : How do I stop myself from stress eating BEFORE I've already stuffed my face?
  • aseymour13
    aseymour13 Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    1. First Name: Ann

2. Single/Married/Divorced: Married for 23 yrs and going strong

3. Children: 2 wonderful daughters in college

4. Where do you live: Simi Valley, CA (NW Los Angeles area)

5. Favourite Non-Healthy Food/Favourite Healthy Food: Cheeseburger/Nachos - Healthy - Roasted Veggies

6. Favourite Exercise: Walking/cycling/golf - I get mostly walking in just because of time

7. One question you have regarding "your journey" for everybody else in the group. What works for you keeping a balance when you work full time and have to commute?
  • turnerm65
    turnerm65 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    1. First Name: Michelle

2. Single/Married/Divorced: Married

3. Children: 2 daughters - 23 and 17

4. Where do you live: Stone Ridge, NY (upstate in the Catskills)

5. Favourite Non-Healthy Food/Favourite Healthy Food: Cheese - any kind/salad with lots of tomatoes, cucumbers and other raw vegetables.

6. Favourite Exercise: Dancing (including Zumba)

7. One question you have regarding "your journey" for everybody else in the group. How do I stop binging on the weekends??