Ladies - dry hair?

Options
Mbuhler
Mbuhler Posts: 115 Member
So now that I'm back in a chlorine infested pool, my hair is taking a hit. Usually wasn't too much of an issue with 1 swim per week but would like to up it to 2 and my hair is dry already. My hair is longer but fine so I don't want anything that will make it too heavy or greasy. Regular conditioner isn't quite enough. Any tricks or products that anyone just loves?
Thanks!

Replies

• lj3jones
    lj3jones Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I usually use a conditioner for dry hair after swimming. I also have fine hair. I also try not to blow dry every day.
  • KathleenKP
    KathleenKP Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Is the chlorine drying your hair more? I'll just answer with my whole way to manage the chlorine, which isn't just about conditioner. I need conditioner regardless of the swimming pool.

I use Paul Mitchell's Shampoo Three - Clarifying, which is for swimming. I leave it on long enough to let the chemical reaction take place (ie. while I'm shaving my legs). Then I use a Redken conditioner (varies, usually a body-building type - so not too heavy). Also, because I also have very fine hair and I lose a lot of it every day, I try to use a Redken protein builder between the shampoo and conditioner once or twice a week. I get my hair done at a nice salon and they say that, although they can see some damage, it's nothing like they expect from chlorine. I don't get discoloration from the chlorine. It's frizzier than I would like, but it's like that even if I am not in the pool. And I'm not one to spend a huge amount of time on my hair, products weigh it down, yada, yada (more products and time would help with the frizzies, at least until I go out into the humid air I live in, or until I work out for the second time that day.)
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options
    My hairdresser recommends this- if you saturate the hair before you swim with conditioner and water before you put your cap on, no more water can enter the hair and it's protected. Just use cheap stuff as you'll use a lot. Then a chlorine redken shampoo as soon as you can afterwards. Works for me.
  • TriLifter
    TriLifter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    My hairdresser recommends this- if you saturate the hair before you swim with conditioner and water before you put your cap on, no more water can enter the hair and it's protected. Just use cheap stuff as you'll use a lot. Then a chlorine redken shampoo as soon as you can afterwards. Works for me.

This.
  • EnduranceGirl2
    EnduranceGirl2 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I do this too. It also helps reduce breakage from putting the cap on and off.