Special Workouts

Options
mdivamuffin
mdivamuffin Posts: 164 Member
Hi all,

I'm nearing the end of stage 1 :smile: Last workout B today, and then just the two special workouts.

Do you think it would be OK to do the two special workouts on one day. As it's just one set of each it seems a waste of two proper training days. Did anyone else do it like this?

Thanks a mil,

:smile:

Replies

• stef_monster
    stef_monster Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I did the two special workouts on two separate days, but I also didn't take a rest week at the end of Stage 1. I finished the regular workouts, did the special workouts on Monday and Wednesday, and took Friday off.

This was back when I was doing WAY too much cardio, though, so I didn't see those days as a waste because I was also doing 30-40 minutes on the elliptical.

Lots of people seem to have done it the way you're talking about- seems like it wouldn't hurt anything, since those workouts are there to show you how far you've come.
  • mdivamuffin
    Options
    Thanks Stef :smile:
    I think I will just do them on the same day. I'm not doing much cardio at the minute in the gym anyway so shouldn't take too long to do both workouts.
    Anyone else do this?
  • mdivamuffin
    Options
    Anyone else have an opinion on this?
  • mdivamuffin
    Options
    Well I did the two workouts together
    Did anyone else find these special workouts absolutely pointless?? Seemed like such a waste of a lifting day!
    I think we know how strong we are by how much we've upped our weights anyway
  • TriLifter
    TriLifter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Hey--just saw your post. I did the two special workouts on Saturday and yesterday, and I agree it felt like a waste. I'm take a rest 5-days rather than a week, so back to it on Saturday fro Stage 2!