Question on Ketosis?

Options
KValmera71
KValmera71 Posts: 82 Member
I am just wondering. If you eat something you are not supposed to OR if you overdo it on the carbs and it knocks you out of ketosis; how long does it take before you KNOW you are out? If you pee on a ketostick, how soon after eating will it knock you out?

I bought some low carb breads and bagels and have been trying them out using the NET carbs. Today, I am still in ketosis. So is it safe to assume I am still in ketosis? Now I know they are not 100% but I am showing dark pink....

Any thoughts?

Replies

• EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    For me, I had to use the bathroom a few times to clear the ketones in my urine from before the "offending" food. I actually did knock myself out, but was still showing purple for three trips to the bathroom afterward. This had happened to me three times over a period of five months. That's just how it worked for me, and I know lots of people are different, but it sounds like you are still in the clear, so that's great!

Be well, be safe!
  • KValmera71
    KValmera71 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Thanks Eddie!!

After a week on the low carb breads and bagels, I never knocked myself out of ketosis. That was until yesterday, lol but that was planned and I knew I would go off to enjoy our Thanksgiving. But now, back to my plan. I can honestly say, I was not too impressed with how I feel today so maybe Christmas I will stay on plan!! :)
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    Wonderful! I am actually in the same boat and going through day one of Induction, myself. I can't wait to get back to it, I just feel better in ketosis.
  • tabik30
    tabik30 Posts: 443
    Options
    gonna see if im in ketosis tonight! hoping for the best