Week 5 - The Holidays are Here!

Options
Well, folks, it's Thanksgiving week here in the US and I am thankful for you my MFP friends who help keep me on track.

SW: 171
CW: 164
Christmas goal: 161
Ultimate goal: 150

I lost more than a pound this week, but I feel a cold coming on so I'm going to have to watch out that I don't eat too much. When my nose is stuffy, I eat to try to taste my food, which never works. This week, I'm aiming to eat for nutrition and to drink more water.

Replies

• kbolton322
    kbolton322 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    This week I plan on working out like normal... I'm going to eat as healthy as I can on Thanksgiving.. Seeing that I'm cooking I know whats going into everything... plus... I'm doing a 5k thanksgiving morning and might just might do my Insanity for that day also... I'm going to weight tomorrow morning I had to much salt yesterday and through my weight off....

Have a great day!!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    I am going to allow myself a few extra calories because I am making my own favorite pies in GF crusts, but I may not eat any turkey, since my MIL won't tell me what brand she bought. (the woman doesn't believe in celiac disease. nice for her, but my body believes in it; if I don't know it's GF, I am not putting it in my mouth.) I do plan to take the dog for a nice long walk after lunch though.
  • kbolton322
    kbolton322 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I have to know whats in my food so thats why I cook it.. We are frying our turkeys but I already looked it up on calories and all so I should be good plus I just upped my 5k to a 10k plus I still have to knock out my Insanity that day... so I should be good.. I hope

Come Christmas time I have dinner with 3 different groups of people one house I know I will have to bring my own food.. a nice big salad but I know I have my husbands cousin there that night who also watches what he eats so me and him can both bring something heathly and share..
  • verno00
    verno00 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    You guys are doing awesome! Nice work. Here are my numbers:
    SW: 187
    CW: 181.2
    Christmas goal: 177
    Ultimate goal: 155

It sounds like you are both on track and have good plans for Thanksgiving. Thanks for sharing. I am thankful for my MFP friends too. Melissa - good luck with the GF and the MIL. :)
  • spellingmama
    spellingmama Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Well, I had a goal to lose 10 pounds by Christmas. Miracle of miracles, I reached this by today even with Thanksgiving! I'm going for 15 pounds total, an extra 5 pounds, by Christmas now! I'm working out and eating right. Logging the food with MFP makes all of the difference for me. Thanks for the 10 pound challenge! It helped me to focus on a small goal to help get me on the way to my big goal of 40 pounds. Only 30 more to go!!!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Well, I had a goal to lose 10 pounds by Christmas. Miracle of miracles, I reached this by today even with Thanksgiving! I'm going for 15 pounds total, an extra 5 pounds, by Christmas now! I'm working out and eating right. Logging the food with MFP makes all of the difference for me. Thanks for the 10 pound challenge! It helped me to focus on a small goal to help get me on the way to my big goal of 40 pounds. Only 30 more to go!!!

That is great! So proud of you!!!
  • spellingmama
    spellingmama Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks. It's been a great week. I ordered Zumba 2 for the Wii tonight to increase my exercise a little bit. I am looking forward to it!!! Weight loss can be fun!