Looking for an Accountabili-Buddy in Downtown/East Atlanta

Options
All,

I'm looking for someone (or a group of people) that would like to walk/jog (mostly walk) with me and lives in the Downtown/East Atlanta area. Or if you'd like to invite me to your walking crew, (THANKS!) and the following doesn't apply.

- I'd like to get in at least 4-5 days a week for 30-45 mins
- It'd help if you don't mind walking when it's cold or in light right. But it'd be great if you have a membership at the YMCA @ East Lake, and we could meet there when the weather is bad.

- I'm available to walk (M-F) 5a-6:30a & 7p-9p or (Sat) 5a-Noon

- I'm a big (fat) guy. So I'm looking to keep these outtings at a slow-moderate pace. Though If you're a fit runner looking to be the Bob/Jillian to my Biggest Loser, GREAT!

***FYI, this is NOT a half-baked attempt at a personal ad.***

So WHY?! My friends, loved ones, and myself are all pretty horrible at self motivation and personal trainers are expensive. I'm ready to make this change, but I could still use some help.

Replies

• mybonnieliesovertheocean
    Options
    Congrats on wanting to be held accountable! I think most of these folks on this forum are kinda far away from downtown (it takes me 45 minutes to get down there on average). There are other Atlanta based forums on this website that might have people closer to your area.

When I was living in midtown, I walked everywhere. I didn't use the car, just walked walked walked. I was MUCH lighter then probably because my two feet were burning off most of the cals I ate. You'd be amazed how much you can lose by walking to that restaurant or drugstore or venue.

Good luck finding a walking group. Even if you don't find exactly what you're looking for, start one! You'd be amazed how many others would like to join you on your quest : )