Breaking Plateaus

Options
friggie
friggie Posts: 140 Member
I was wondering if any of you all have had to deal with plateaus yet! I have been loosing and gaining the same 5 lbs for about a month now and it's getting frustrating.
I have upped my calories per a suggestion from another mfp friend as I was not eating enough! Some days it's hard to get the calories in without eating bad things lol! I have been doing the same workout regime for the past month too and today I am changing that up hoping that could help too!
So if anyone has any suggestions I would sure like to hear them!
Angie

Replies

• looopylooo
    Options
    Angie, is it a weight & size plateau or just weight? You ar logging some AMAZING workouts...sure you are just not becoming more muscular, and firmer and maybe reducing in inches? Weight the most accurate of measurements...
  • LRK88
    LRK88 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    My advice, measure and record everything, and measure with a scale. I think this is what helped me finally break my plateau... check out this video ====> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGcdyfDM3oQ

I was stuck for 2 months! After watching this video and measuring I am seeing results again.

I also agree with what was previously mentioned, change workouts and check to see if measurements are decreasing... good luck and don't give up!! :-)
  • friggie
    Options
    It is the scale! The tape measure is showing losses!
  • Kelly_Girl
    Kelly_Girl Posts: 22 Member
    Options

Mystery solved, great advice!!

I'm so glad you asked that question. I better start measuring. I seem to plateau at 170, 165 and 160. Evil #'s! ;p
  • friggie
    Options

Mystery solved, great advice!!

I'm so glad you asked that question. I better start measuring. I seem to plateau at 170, 165 and 160. Evil #'s! ;p

Good idea Kelly because my measurements have certainly gone down! I guess the workouts I am doing are turning some of my fat into muscle and that's why the sdcale wasn't moving as fast as I wanted! I have been doing some reading about working out ertc and loosing. Since my workouts consist of me using hand weights for the majority of the workouts I am building up the muscles and muscles need water to help protect them so I am retaining a little bit of water! So between the water and muscle building my weight isn't showing on the scale but I am loosing inches of fast! Eventually my weight loss will catch up to inches lost! I just have to keep telling myself that!
  • BekaP89
    BekaP89 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    LRK88, I watched that video and I had no idea there was a liquid measuring cup and a dry measuring cup, definitely gonna get a food scale