Suggestions please

Options
Onederchic
Onederchic Posts: 128 Member
I posted this on another group and did get some feedback from heybales. I am not dismissing his advice but thought it couldn't hurt to also have some more input :)

I have been using the spreadsheet by heybales. It shows I should eat around 2800 calories a day. I do not. I usually get in around 2300. I workout a lot (about 15 hours a week with 2 days off) mainly for 2 reasons - without all the exercise I am very sedentary and I am a food addict and like to eat a lot of food. I eat healthier and within my macos (usually) but I don't eat 100% "clean". I am not doing a heavy lifting program atm. I change out my workout programs every 3 months or so. My problem is I have been bouncing between 193lbs and 200lbs for the past 3 or 4 months. My starting weight was 330 pounds so while I have lost some, I am would like to see the scale moving again. I am also hypothyroid and just started Armour Thyroid a month ago so my levels may not be correct yet. I had previously been on Levothyroxine for 2 years but did not feel any better. Is there something I can do to help the scale start going down again?

Here's some more info if needed:
Starting weight - 330
Current weight - I keep bouncing between 193-200
Height - 5'2"
Age - 42

Current workout schedule:
Sat&Mon - 1 hour running + Turbo Fire + Body Pump
Sun&Tues - 1 hour running + Turbo Fire + Body Combat
Wed - 1 hour running + Body Combat + Body Pump

heybales suggested lowering my cardio workouts, even giving me a suggested schedule, along with adjusting the spreadsheet info for a new calorie goal.

Replies

• Onederchic
    Options
    I meant to add this as well but seen no way to edit my post

I do all my workouts at home but I do have a weight bench + Olympic weight bar + weights + dumbbells.
  • Onederchic
    Options
    height - 5'2"
    weight - 196
    age - 42
    average calorie intake - Around 2300
    carbs - 324g fat - 52g protein - 147
    I do use a food scale and I do measure everything.
    Yes, I track everything daily.
    If by cheat days you mean eating out of my calorie range for a day or whatever, I do not have planned cheat days. I usually eat whatever I want as longs as it falls in my set ranges.
    I've lost 134 pounds since 2008. There have been issues along the way due to thyroid disease, etc.
    I posted my workouts in my first post.
    For 3-4 months, have been bouncing between 193-200 pounds
    Not breastfeeding.
    I am hypothyroid and on a new medication for the past month or so.
  • Onederchic
    Options
    I'd like to make a note as a FYI here - I do log my exercise BUT I plan my meals before exercise to be sure that my calories and the such fall within ranges without exercise added in and I never eat back exercise calories. I only log them because I like to see the numbers.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Tagging
  • Onederchic
    Options
    Bump, 48-hours :flowerforyou:

Edited to add that my exercise week starts on a Saturday and ends on a Wednesday. This week I am adding my exercise in the exercise diary notes instead of adding to exercise diary.
  • SideSteel
    Options
    Where are you getting your intake averages from, or alternatively what date range are you looking at to show you an average intake of 2300 cals?

When we run an average over a few different time periods we range between about 1850 and 2000 calories/day.
  • Onederchic
    Options
    Are you asking how I got my average I stated of 2300? If so, I have no real answer. I did no maths, I just picked what I felt was my average :/
  • SideSteel
    Options
    We would like you to set your caloric intake as follows for the next two weeks. Please keep in mind this is gross intake:

1800 calories
    170 carbohydrate
    70 fat
    125 protein

Please reply to us in 2 weeks with an update if you would like further input. Sooner if you experience issues or have questions.
  • Onederchic
    Options
    I will set that up tonight. Thanks for the response :)

Edited to ask: Gross intake? As in I should eat back exercise calories? Because I usually do not. Just asking for clarification :)
  • SideSteel
    Options
    I will set that up tonight. Thanks for the response :)

Edited to ask: Gross intake? As in I should eat back exercise calories? Because I usually do not. Just asking for clarification :)

You do not eat back exercise calories.
  • Onederchic
    Options
    Thank you! One last question for now. I enter all my meals for Sat-Wed on a Friday evening and the next few days, since I changed my goals to your set ones for me, I am over quite a bit in protein. Is that okay?
  • Onederchic
    Options
    Wanted to update that the scale is moving in the right direction and everything seems to be going well. I will admit that the first few days in, I felt hungry a lot but I reckon because I needed to adjust to eating a little less and now I am fine with it :) And I wanted to say thanks to you both for all the help you give, not only to me but to anyone who asks :flowerforyou:
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Wanted to update that the scale is moving in the right direction and everything seems to be going well. I will admit that the first few days in, I felt hungry a lot but I reckon because I needed to adjust to eating a little less and now I am fine with it :) And I wanted to say thanks to you both for all the help you give, not only to me but to anyone who asks :flowerforyou:

That is great news and you are very welcome.

I am going to lock the thread so we can keep track of active threads. However, please feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions or concerns or experience a stall again. Just PM one of us with a link to this thread and we will unlock it.
This discussion has been closed.