Loosing steam!

Options
Dwamma
Dwamma Posts: 289 Member
OH my goodness I was doing to good. Eating right, lifting weights, doing cardio in-between! I was looking good and felt great. Then I got stuck and was not loosing weight. You know the up 1lb down 2lb up 3lbs down 2lbs roller coaster! I changed jobs (August) about a month into this night mare of a roller coaster. So then I stopped working out because I went from 20 hour a week to 40 and I was beat after work every day..and all did on weekends was sleep and homework, and classroom prep work. I totally lost my motivation. Then came the "mindless eating" again. I have found my self putting things in my mouth with out realizing it all over again. That was how I got to 210lbs and extremely unhealthy! But I don't even catch my self until it is to late! Why have I fallen pray to this unhealthy habit again?? How do I over come it again! I am still on the roller coaster ride of up 1lb down 2lbs up 3lbs. so at least the unhealthy eating has not yet got me gaining. But my waist has gotten a lot bigger! So I look and feel fatter. Then again i am sure that I am loosing muscle and gaining fat! UGH!! I hate the thought of that. It makes me mad.....but it doesn't motivate me? WHY!! I know the dental challenges I have had don't help. I have been kind of depressed I guess due to always being in pain, no mater what I take and what I do my face hurts. I can't over come a sinus infection due to my dental infections. And I can't get my tooth pulled until Dec 20...oh and we are having our Christmas dinner on the 22nd! UGH! So there I go again cooking up a storm for a bunch of ungrateful people! Just as it was for Thanksgiving! I know that is part of it, I live in a house filled with people who just expect me to handle everything and do everything for them and have no respect for me, for how I feel, or what my needs are, most of the time they don't even say "thank you" for all of my heard work. So I know that is affecting me as well. But I have to focus on myself again, but I just don't really care any more. WHY??? I really don't feel healthy any more! I feel fat and I am finding it hard to move again. My shirts are starting to fit tighter and tighter.....and I don't have any larger sizes any more. I know I am getting thicker and thicker and I know i don't like it and it doesn't feel good to me either. But I can't seem to get motivated to do anything about it.
Someone please kick me in the but and help me change my thinking! I have to over come this.....but how!
I use to be thrilled to go and work out even when my hubby was furious with me for never being home and always being gone, now all I want to do is stay at home. I don't even want to work out at home any more. Where is the motivation that I had before?? Is this the "last 10lb slump" that I have heard people talking about??? If so how do people get over it and move on and stay healthy??
Thank for letting me vent.....now maybe I can move forward and get out of this rut! Any suggestions or kicks in the butt are always welcome! Thanks!

Replies

• DawnEH612
    DawnEH612 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    How did things turn out for you? I'm in this situation now.