do you even out calorie overages?

Options
sleepyjen
sleepyjen Posts: 679 Member
A curiosity question. If you were over, say, by about 1100 calories across the past four or five days (cough), would you work to even it out by cutting some over the next few days or just say "what's done is done" and move on? My, er, friend might have overdone it a few days this week, what with seeing all the family and friends. :)

J.

Replies

• stef_monster
    stef_monster Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I'd say: do whatever feels good. If you're feeling sluggish and blah, do some fun cardio to get you back on track in addition to whatever else you're doing. Dance, kickbox, just make it fun.

If your schedule is still nuts and you don't have time to burn an extra couple hundred calories a day for the next however long, get back on the wagon and hold on for dear life, haha! If you normally eat at maintenance or at a small deficit, it will eventually even itself out.

Remember this, though: you didn't make all of your progress in a week. You're not going to lose it all in the same amount of time.
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    Thanks. I'm not worried about it, but since I've never used this kind of calorie system (rather than the usual MFP calculator) I was wondering about people's preferences. When I run, I use the NROLW figures for a work out day, same as when I lift--I was considering just eating to "no workout" numbers for a couple of days, assuming I don't feel super hungry. Lifting days I am always hungry, all day.
  • stef_monster
    stef_monster Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a good plan to me! As long as you don't go around hungry and miserable, eating at 'no workout' should be fine. I'm always ravenous on days that I do cardio, sometimes even more than lifting days.
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    I just did a 3.5 mi run/walk, so we'll see how it goes!