Newbie!

Options
I just git my body media fit and looking for some motivation. Are you finding it helpful? How much of a deficit do you have daily? I have quite a bit of weight to lose and a desk job so i'm hoping this helps me meet my goals! Any suggestions or success stories would be great!

Replies

• AHASRADA
    AHASRADA Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'm only on day 2 1/2, but I have been using the Fitbit and HRM combo for over a month prior, and wearing an activity tracker definitely kept me accountable and got me moving! Before that, I did a good 60 min. workout in the AM and thought I was set for the day. I didn't realize how sedentary I was until I started counting my steps! Now, I take a 15-20 minute walk after both lunch and supper. If I am short on steps/calories burned, I either crank up my walking speed and/or walk longer until I meet my goal.

I have had a 750 cal. daily deficit for quite a while now, and I do consistently see about 1 1/2 lbs. per week weight loss. I am planning to continue to wear by Fitbit, HRM during workout, plus the BMF for the next month, and have made a spreadsheet to compare the data. Yesterday (my 1st full day on the BMF), I found the calories burned count to be lower than my HRM, and my steps much lower than my Fitbit, but the daily calorie burn was within 16 calories of my Fitbit/HRM combo, which I determined was accurate based on my prior weight loss. All that to say, it seems to be fairly accurate so far. After wearing it for a month, I will compare the BMF's recorded deficit against my actual weight loss to check the accuracy.

These are great tools, but you still have to do the work. Set a goal and a deficit, log your food closely and accurately, and set your mind to meeting that goal everyday. You will have success!
  • 1flowergirl
    1flowergirl Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I've had mine since April, has been a love hate relationship since. I love knowing how many calories I'm burning throughout the day, and hate knowing just how lazy I can be! I have I've been on a 4 month stall , and have been quite frustrated by this, truth be told I know that I have not been as diligent about portion control and with a recent back injury exercise is all but out for a bit; that said , I know what I need to do to get things moving again, and I'm ok for now, (at this moment) where I'm at, I have lost 89lbs,slowly;still 89! That still amazes' me , I did this much!, a little break ,stall whatever it is, is fine.
    When the holidays are over its serious business again I only have 41 lbs to go yes I said ONLY 41,when you start out with 130 lbs to lose 40 seems like nothing.
    So I guess I more love than hate my bmf, it is an awesome tool, I hope you enjoy yours.
    And I try to keep a 1000 calorie deficit daily.
  • vkmcewen
    vkmcewen Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I've had my BMF for just over a year & my husband's had his for a year. I've lost 20 pounds & he's lost 30 pounds. We've been at our weight goal for about 6 months. Our calorie deficit was about 700-1000/day in the beginning. This armband has been an incredible tool and I cannot imagine being without it now. We log absolutely everything we eat on MFP, and all the activity gets measured by our armbands. We had no idea before BMF how much our sleep cycles played into our overall weight and well-being. Stick with it, use the armband to challenge yourself to be more active, and log every little thing you put in your mouth. You now have all the tools to take control of your health & weight and you can become healthier. The scale has no choice but to follow suit. Good luck! :)
  • ashley11284
    ashley11284 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I can say it's already making me want to move more, I have a desk job so I sit most of the day so it's interesting to so how little I move! I've been aiming for at least 500 but closer to a 1000 calorie deficit. Loving it so far