12/01/13 to 12/07/13 Run, Walk or Crawl

Options
reese66
reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
"If you run, you are a runner. It doesn't matter how fast or how far. It doesn't matter if today is your first day or if you've been running for twenty years. There is no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get. You just run."
-John Bingham

"I often hear someone say I'm not a real runner. We are all runners, some just run faster than others. I never met a fake runner."
-Bart Yasso

"Even when you have gone as far as you can, and everything hurts, and you are staring at the specter of self-doubt, you can find a bit more strength deep inside you, if you look closely enough."
-Hal Higdon, running writer and coach:

15 miles starting Sunday and ending Saturday... Yep that easy and you know you can do it! Just log your daily miles, the total miles for
the week and encourage your fellow challengers to make their goals, yep it's that easy.

"Run when you can. Walk when you must. Crawl if you have to. Just never give up." Dean Karnazes, the Ultramarathon Man

For the folks returning you know that the 15 miles is not the main goal. The main goal is just to get up and get moving, if you don't meet it that's fine and you surpass it, well that just freaking rocks.

For new comers the preferred method of posting miles would be:

Sunday-miles-what you did Monday-miles-what you did Tuesday-miles-what you did So on and so forth, posted daily or when the miles occur...

Total- Running total for the week thus far

As always this is not set in stone, if you post every other day or whatever fits into your schedule, but please try to stay close to the above format.

For those folks that don't do miles:
http://www.digitaldutch.com/unitconverter/
for conversion to be made easy (Thanks Nonafit)

Now let's get moving folks :)

"Runners just do it. They run for the finish line even if someone else has reached it first."
-Unknown

Replies

• kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Sunday: 27mile "ride" on recumbent while watching the movie Marmaduke.
  • reese66
    Options

Nice ride kpk, love that movie!
  • reese66
    Options
    Rest day today and Monday is a 11hr day at work, will be in the gym on my 3hr lunch on Tuesday and then again on Wednesday :)
    Going to get butt back in this.

Sorry for lack of support I will work on that as well. I appreciate our friend Ms. Sloth for helping out with supporting, posting and sending emails.
  • marathonbiker
    marathonbiker Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I had an awesome day! H marathon very successful! 3hrs 27 min. Today i mostly walked at a average pace of 15.45 min mi. What kept me from running much today was a blister I developed on Sat. To try to eleviate the pain I wore 2 blister band aids. It wasn't enough, so I walked most of course. I'm convinced that I can work on my time and walk these events and come out with a great time. The weather was mild and 70 degrees!

13.1 mi
  • kpk54
    Options
    Great MB! If I ever start walking again that would be my ultimate goal...about a 15 minute mile.

Reece, get your butt in gear!

KathyK:
    Monday: only 8 miles recumbent with goal of maintaining target heart rate. Mission accomplished. Also 40 minutes of Tae Bo.

35 miles week to date, recumbent
  • reese66
    Options
    I had an awesome day! H marathon very successful! 3hrs 27 min. Today i mostly walked at a average pace of 15.45 min mi. What kept me from running much today was a blister I developed on Sat. To try to eleviate the pain I wore 2 blister band aids. It wasn't enough, so I walked most of course. I'm convinced that I can work on my time and walk these events and come out with a great time. The weather was mild and 70 degrees!

13.1 mi

That's some great work there! Keep your awesomeness!
  • reese66
    Options
    Great MB! If I ever start walking again that would be my ultimate goal...about a 15 minute mile.

Reece, get your butt in gear!

KathyK:
    Monday: only 8 miles recumbent with goal of maintaining target heart rate. Mission accomplished. Also 40 minutes of Tae Bo.

35 miles week to date, recumbent

Incredible as always!
  • reese66
    Options
    So change of plans, ten hour day tomorrow so I was able to get some mileage in today :)

Monday 4.21 walk/run
  • kpk54
    Options
    Glad you got some miles in Reese!

KathyK:
    Tuesday:12 miles recumbent also arm and waist toning.

47 miles week to date, recumbent.
  • reese66
    Options
    Glad you got some miles in Reese!

KathyK:

47 miles week to date, recumbent.

Me too Kathy, just got to keep with it!

Great job today!
    Quick question, what's the difference between a recumbent and regular bike?
  • kpk54
    Options
    Reese, I have a stationary recumbent. You can find them on the internet to see what they look like. On a regular stationary one sits on a regular type bike seat and sits strait or leans over the handle bars. On a stationary recumbent the seat is large (much more butt comfort) and low and sort of leans back.

KathyK:
    Wednesday: 15 miles recumbent
    Thursday: 15 miles recumbent
    Fruday: 4.6 mile walk, 3.3 mph average. Beautiful 75 degree day in NC. Soon to be much colder.

81.6 miles week to date.
  • kpk54
    Options
    KathyK:
    Wednesday: 15 miles recumbent
    Thursday: 15 miles recumbent
    Friday: 4.6 mile walk, 3.3 mph average. Beautiful 75 degree day in NC. Soon to be much colder.
    Saturday: 21 miles recumbent

102.6 miles week to date
  • marathonbiker
    marathonbiker Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Sun 12/01 13.1 mi
    Wed 12/04 2 mi walk
    Thur 12/05 4 mi walk'
    Fri 12/06 2 mi walk

Total 21.1 mi

This was an amazing week despite stomach flu and back issues! Keep up the great work all!