Week 2 Day 7

Options
MyLittleOwl
MyLittleOwl Posts: 217 Member
Morning all! So I was extremely mad at myself because I had hibachi last night (usually a Sunday night specialty because of the weigh in Sunday mornings) but I was not thinking! The scale is all up in arms on me today and retaining water. Urgh. Anywhoo, I got myself up and on the recumbent bike, plus started the first day of Heather's Arm Challenge. Feeling good (my butt is sore from being on the bike for 50 minutes though!).

Looking forward to kicking some *kitten* the next few weeks.

Replies

• LisaMfit4life
    LisaMfit4life Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Good job! Way to get it going. I'm also looking forward to kicking some BUTT the next few weeks. Today is stretch day for me, and then I start Week 3 of Gamma tomorrow. Everyone have a great rest of the weekend.:smile:
  • tanyab1990
    tanyab1990 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Good morning, gang! Finally...the family is gone which means better eating and more exercise all around. I got in a Zumba workout yesterday but had a bad (but very good) Italian dinner. Today, I went to the gym and feel better for it. I've got my week planned out. My goal for December is to lose 5.5 lbs. That will put me at my next 10 lb goal. It's also that goal that I gave to myself in order to buy myself a heart rate monitor. Any suggestions?
  • LisaMfit4life
    Options
    Great. Currently I have a Polar FT4 Heart Rate Monitor. It works great, comes with a chest strap, is accurate and the best part of all it's priced reasonable. I ordered mine from Amazon which is a lot cheaper than any store unless their on sale. Check it out. Those are awesome goals to have and planning out the week makes things a lot easier and for me, less likely to fall off the wagon. Have a great afternoon.
  • tanyab1990
    Options
    Great. Currently I have a Polar FT4 Heart Rate Monitor. It works great, comes with a chest strap, is accurate and the best part of all it's priced reasonable. I ordered mine from Amazon which is a lot cheaper than any store unless their on sale. Check it out. Those are awesome goals to have and planning out the week makes things a lot easier and for me, less likely to fall off the wagon. Have a great afternoon.

Thanks, Lisa. It the Polar FT4 one of the watch and chest strap sets? I've been looking at a Polar on Amazon. I need to figure out if that is the same one. What are your thoughts on the Garmin HRM's?
  • tanyab1990
    Options
    Made a great protein smoothie today. Thought I would share...it was so yummy!

Cherry Chocolate Protein Smoothie:
    1 cup frozen sweet cherries
    4 ice cubes
    1 cup unsweetened almond milk
    1 Tbls Hershey's unsweet dark chocolate cocoa
    3/4 scoop vanilla protein powder (I use Sunwarrior vegan unsweet vanilla)

190 calories, 14 g protein. Yummy and filling for breakfast.
  • MyLittleOwl
    MyLittleOwl Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    That does sound yummy! And Tanya, I have the same HRM as Lisa. Love it. Yes, it has a chest strap and watch that work together. :-)
  • LisaMfit4life
    Options
    I noticed that Little Owl answered and has the same HRM. Personally I read reviews about products and base my decision on the reviews. That's what I like about amazon. I've never purchased the Garmin so I can't really say. Maybe someone else has one that can answer. You could always ask that question on the message board. If not reading the reviews may help. Have a nice evening.
  • discoveredamber
    discoveredamber Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Hello all. Today was my rest day. You all are doing great.