Optional mini-challenge: Week #1

Options

Replies

• NiccoleG
    NiccoleG Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Today, I snacked on fruit, instead of candy, chips, cookies, etc.!!!
  • Calderon46
    Calderon46 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Hi all, instead of chocolate bar I had fat free yoghurt and a banana, I am so chuffed with myself! I feel a great achievement today!
  • Sarahnade42x
    Sarahnade42x Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I love reading this thread - you all made some excellent choices today :)

My mini-success: On Mondays I'm out and about from 8am to 9pm without any significant breaks, so I'm usually stopping at vending machines, buying a prewrapped sandwich with god-knows-what in it, or just not eating at all and then feasting when I get home really late. This morning I made sure to get up early enough to pack myself a couple healthy meals/snacks before hitting the gym so I didn't have to do any of that!
  • Bebubble
    Bebubble Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I edited -
    I am doing all these as they come and then continue through the month of Dec. Lets go and create some good habits!
    Dec. 1 - No candy(had Banana) Dec 2nd, Cant handle a 1 a day banana. Still no candy!
    Dec 2 - Cut creamer in coffee from 2 Tbls to 2 teas.
  • LifesAStage
    Options
    Chose water over diet soda! :)
    [/quote

This is one I've mean trying to do for years!! :grumble: At one time I told myself....Okay, before you have a soda you have to drink a glass of water. I did that for 2 days....then back to just soda. I am so addicted. I have read sooooo many articles good and bad about the subject. I only drink diet (which is another subject all on it's on). I will have to see how well you do with this one.

GOOD LUCK!! I hope you succeed!! :drinker:

I had the same problem! Totally addicted to soda! Now... I only have diet soda once a week usually.... so far so good. I just drink about 9 cups of water a day :)

My victory today was passing up French fries instead of chowing down on them! The hubs ate them instead...
  • Jagreene62
    Jagreene62 Posts: 4,782 Member
    Options
    November 1st - water instead of pop! (by the way i found an easier (for me) way to give up pop...If you have a hard time switching from pop to water first start by eliminating caffeine pop for about a month (I still drank 7-up, Sprite, Sierra Mist, Orange, etc..) then when you have that under control it seem to be easier to give up all pop)

Good luck everyone!

Great Idea....I might have to try that!!! Thanks!!! :drinker:
  • Jagreene62
    Options
    This morning I went into a convenient store to buy suckers for my 6th period class. I was so tempted to buy a chicken and cheese crispito because I LOVE them but instead I chose to stick with my crunchy granola bars. Whew...man, this is HARD! Haha!

But you did it!! You should be so proud of yourself!! :flowerforyou: It will get easier and easier....I PROMISE!! :love:
  • Jagreene62
    Options
    Dec. 02

Just raided the fridge for a snack, I was starving after my swim this morning. We still have turkey and I really wanted 1/2 of a sandwich but settled for just 1.5 oz of turkey instead and a cutie tangerine.

You have learned better options.....young grasshopper!!! :laugh:

You know I have often said that this is like an addiction (food addiction). At least for an alcoholic they can stay away from liquor stores, bars, etc. NEVER need a drink. Smokers similar situation...NEVER need a smoke. We however, NEED food!!! We can't stay out of the kitchen, refrigerator, or cabinet, but we can stock them with better options. YOU ARE DOING GREAT!!! :drinker:
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    I was going to have McDonalds today but opted to make dinner at home instead :)
  • jarredondo
    jarredondo Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I didn't see this challenge until this evening but just joining this challenge was a heathy choice for me. I will count that for yesterday. Today. I chose a yogurt for an evening snack instead of the chips and cheese my husband suggested.
  • SgtBA_Diana
    SgtBA_Diana Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Dec. 2nd: I chose pistachios over candy at the store today :happy:
  • Jagreene62
    Options

W - O - W!!! Now there's a commercial McDonalds would love, right? :laugh:
  • 1LoveChips
    1LoveChips Posts: 260 Member
    Options

There is no McDonalds where I live, or KFC, or Burger King...
  • caradae
    caradae Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I love reading this thread. Your choices are all great.

This morning I chose to cook oatmeal for breakfast instead of eating nothing. I used a tiny drizzle of agave for sweetener instead of spoonfuls of sugar.
  • mungowungo
    mungowungo Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I have been cutting down on the amount of coffee I have been drinking (I can't drink it unless it has milk and sugar) and replacing it with green tea - black no sugar and no calories. To make it more interesting I have been trying out different flavours such as peppermint or jasmine.
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    I threw out the last of the leftovers from TG yesterday, including pies, but when I was making my lunch today I found the leftover cranberries. I was really tempted to put a little on my sandwich for lunch but stuck with the tomato. Also, everyday that I resist one of the Christmas cookies I made with my grandkids last weekend is a good day.................LOL. I give cookies away every year as gifts and we make about 10 different kinds and fill up my freezers until they're all boxed up. So far I've resisted the urge. It's working because I actually lost a little over a pound last week, Thanksgiving and all!
  • Calderon46
    Calderon46 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I ate a few mini shortbread finger which was 25 calories per piece rather than having large ones covered in sugar which are about 250 calories each.
  • Jagreene62
    Options
    I ate a few mini shortbread finger which was 25 calories per piece rather than having large ones covered in sugar which are about 250 calories each.

WOW!! That's control!! These kinds of baby steps are going to lead to great losses.....in a good way!! :bigsmile:
  • Jagreene62
    Options
    I threw out the last of the leftovers from TG yesterday, including pies, but when I was making my lunch today I found the leftover cranberries. I was really tempted to put a little on my sandwich for lunch but stuck with the tomato. Also, everyday that I resist one of the Christmas cookies I made with my grandkids last weekend is a good day.................LOL. I give cookies away every year as gifts and we make about 10 different kinds and fill up my freezers until they're all boxed up. So far I've resisted the urge. It's working because I actually lost a little over a pound last week, Thanksgiving and all!

OMG!! I think you are a sister from a different momma!! YOu and I are A LOT a like!! I also lost a pound Thanksgiving week. My weigh in days are Mondays....I call them "Melting Mondays"!!! :laugh: Anyway...CONGRATS GIRL!!! :drinker:
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    "OMG!! I think you are a sister from a different momma!! YOu and I are A LOT a like!! I also lost a pound Thanksgiving week. My weigh in days are Mondays"

Hahaha, I've noticed that before. I knew I hadn't gained any weight, I was ultra careful, but was surprised that I had actually lost a little. Today is my double gym day so I guess Thanksgiving is definitely over......LOL