My Low Carb Journey

Options
ifaber
ifaber Posts: 195 Member
Hi all! Hopefully no one minds me hi-jacking a thread to log my personal journey on this low carb train. I'm probably doing more of a keto plan than low carb but eh...its all good!

My plan is to do low carb 6 days a week and have one day where I can have some of the things that I crave throughout the week. I started yesterday and have lost 1.6 so far. I am hoping for a 3-4 lb per week loss but if its in the 5-6 range for a couple of weeks I'd be fine with that too!

12/02/2013 - 167.4
12/09/2013 - Week 2
12/16/2013 - Week 3
12/23/2013 - Week 4
12/30/2013 - Week 5

Felt pretty good throughout the day. The increase of fats have made it easier to maintain great energy levels.

Replies

• mamamudbug
    mamamudbug Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a plan.:happy: I'm trying to stick to keto levels, too.
  • fruttibiscotti
    fruttibiscotti Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Interesting strategy. Looking forward to the results of the experiment. Perhaps a bit of caution on your "cheat" day - as in are you putting some sort of calorie limit so you don't go crazy gonzo overboard?
  • ifaber
    Options
    Oh sweet mamamudbug! I'm really enjoying it!!! And I think my body likes it too!

Fruttibiscotti - I am looking forward to getting some good results with this. I have my calorie limits set, I won't be going over my 1800 cals but thanks so much for the words of advice! Because I am mostly doing keto and not just low carb, its easy for me to revert back because I get to have so much great tasting food! True foodie at heart, lol!
  • fruttibiscotti
    fruttibiscotti Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Awesome, you go girl!
  • ifaber
    Options
    12/1: 169
    12/6: 165.4

Today was my first carb up day and I must say I thoroughly enjoyed it! HOWEVER, I made good use of all the extra carbs by completing two workouts today and one being a heavy leg weightlifting session. Got a PR and felt SO GOOD lifting heavy. I'll be going back to the lower carbs and am aiming for a weight of 162, but would LOVE to get to 160 by next Friday!

My 7th year anniversary is in 17 days and I am so excited to see what changes I can make, no matter how little, in that time span!

Happy lowcarbing!
  • ifaber
    Options
    At 165.4 this morning after a not so low carby/keto weekend. BUT I am armed and dangerous this week!

I have chicken thighs with SKIN ON ready to be seasoned and thrown in the over. I would fry em up but it takes more work...I'm all about less is more, lol.

Made a low carb squash casserole with squash, onions, garlic, mayo, egg, and CHEESE! It was superbly deeeeelish! Had a scoop this morning for breakfast and will probably have another scoop for lunch with my buffalo chicken thighs!

This week my goal is to lose 5lbs this week. Probably a stretch since the first week you typically get your most loss but I'm a high goals kinda gal.

Happy low carbing!!!

Oh and the reese's sugar free peanut butter mini cups taste almost just like the regular...the chocolate isn't as melty but taste wise...its good! Now the no sugar added butter pecan ice cream....eh...not so tasty. it may just need a hint of sugar free syrup though to boost its flavor.
  • ifaber
    Options
    12/01/2013 - 169
    12/09/2013 - 165.4
    12/16/2013 - Week 3 Goal: 163
    12/23/2013 - Week 4 Goal: 160
    12/30/2013 - Week 5 Goal: 157

I figured I'd go ahead and post my current progress in a chart format, like I established previously. Also posted goals to give me something to look forward to achieving!