Marathon Maniacs

Options
dixiech1ck
dixiech1ck Posts: 769 Member
Was just curious if there were any Marathon Maniacs lurking these here boards. I've got 3 on the docket for the spring and am looking to get my qualification with my last run at Flying Pig on May 4th (the others being Yuengling March 16 and Garden Spot April 12).

With that said, any Half Fanatics on here either? HF #4632

Replies

• arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    I'm MM #1477 & HF #24 (I think). I'm not that excited about it all these days.

Truth be told, I'm just not built for multiple marathons.
  • DavidMartinez2
    DavidMartinez2 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    MM #3307. I qualify as a HF but I don't need another shirt to wear. Good luck with your spring races.
  • dixiech1ck
    Options
    Nice! And well done. I like the groups because it's given me a chance to network with people I may not have ever met before. And runners are a pretty cool group of people. I like them better than my non-running friends most days. ;) haha
  • keenho
    keenho Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm MM# 4655. I'll be running my 25th marathon this weekend at the Rehoboth Beach Seashore Marathon in Delaware. I am qualified to be a HF, but like David, I don't think I need another dues or shirt to wear. I'm a one star Maniac who will be moving up to 2 on January 4 when I run my first Ultra 50K.
  • dixiech1ck
    Options
    I'm MM# 4655. I'll be running my 25th marathon this weekend at the Rehoboth Beach Seashore Marathon in Delaware. I am qualified to be a HF, but like David, I don't think I need another dues or shirt to wear. I'm a one star Maniac who will be moving up to 2 on January 4 when I run my first Ultra 50K.

Congrats to you!!! That's awesome!!! I totally applaud you. I never thought I could run a marathon, but after losing 100 lbs and running about 15 halfs, I thought it was time to step up my game. Ran Philly this year and wow.. what an experience!! =) I have a bunch of friends running Rehoboth. I was going to but wasn't sure if I'd qualify for the time requirement. I easily could've. But I've got some really great races in the spring. Will wear that MM shirt with pride!
  • jturnerx
    jturnerx Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I've qualified many times over but I never bothered.
  • keenho
    Options
    Thank you! I've run 28 Half Marathons... so I love that distance also! My only slight worry is running the Goofy Challenge at Walt Disney World the weekend after my first Ultra! I'm planning on taking the Ultra "easy" and enjoying my first time at the 31+ mile distance on single track trails.

Congrats to you!!! That's awesome!!! I totally applaud you. I never thought I could run a marathon, but after losing 100 lbs and running about 15 halfs, I thought it was time to step up my game. Ran Philly this year and wow.. what an experience!! =) I have a bunch of friends running Rehoboth. I was going to but wasn't sure if I'd qualify for the time requirement. I easily could've. But I've got some really great races in the spring. Will wear that MM shirt with pride!
  • ibleedunionblue
    ibleedunionblue Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Marathon Maniac #7877, Half Fanatic #5314.

Long story short - 2004 - 2008 - ran a bunch of halfs, and a couple marathons, got hurt, had knee surgery, got lazy, got fatter. Started running again this year, lost 80 plus pounds, celebrated by running 2 marathons.

Qualified as a Half Fanatic first. Ran over 25 halfs. My best half feat was 2 half marathons in 2 days, thus 4 moons. Enjoy this distance. I typically run 9-11 miles each run, so I am well prepared for the Half Distance.

Qualified as a MM this fall running 2 marathons in 2 weeks. Planning to go for Gold Level in the Spring. I have completed 6 marathons. My current motivation is to become a better marathon runner.

Glad to know there are a few more of us on here. Hope y'all aint offended if I send a friend request. I would be interested in connecting with people of similar interests. Only have 2 friends on here.
  • keenho
    Options
    I appreciate the friend request and accepted it. Having some MM/HF's with like mind-sets here will be fun and helpful on our journey.

I am strictly in maintenance mode, having lost the weight (or most of it) before joining MFP. I am at basically the same weight I was in August 2012 (+/- 3 pounds). Watching calories and food intake has assisted in my maintenance of that weight.
  • keenho
    Options
    I met some nice MM's at the Disney Marathon this past weekend. I arranged the group photo before the race. I ran my 6th Goofy Challenge. The Half was 1:54 and the marathon 4:27. It was pretty hot and very humid Saturday and cooler and breezy on Sunday, but still too hot for a marathon.
  • Greytfish
    Greytfish Posts: 810
    Options
    Nice job. I'm still working on my first sub 2 hour half.
  • davemunger
    davemunger Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    I've never managed to qualify. I see one way of qualifying is to run two marathons within 16 days. Would it count if I ran two in a row (e.g. a 52-mile Ultra)? ;)
  • DavidMartinez2
    DavidMartinez2 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    If you run one 52 mile race it is counted as 1 race. 3 in 90 seems to be the easiest way to qualify.
  • dixiech1ck
    Options
    If you run one 52 mile race it is counted as 1 race. 3 in 90 seems to be the easiest way to qualify.

That's what I'm doing, with some halfs in between to keep my momentum going in my legs. Burn out is sure to set in right around June when I finish my 6th half. Yikes.
  • _kimberly
    _kimberly Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Howdy! HF# 892 here

I fell off the wagon when I returned to the U.S. last year. I'm starting back again at square one. Would love other HF's & MM friends :)
  • keenho
    Options
    Please send me an friend request. I qualified for the MM's by doing 3 in 87 days a few years ago. I am qualified for HF's but not really interested in being a double agent at this time. Here is my upcoming race schedule as of this time:

6th Annual Run for the Plunge 5K February 2, 2014
    15th Annual Kelly's Logan House 5K March 8, 2014
    New York City Half Marathon March 16, 2013
    51st Caesar Rodney Half Marathon March 23, 2014
    Kentucky Derby Marathon April 19, 2014
    Christina Care Delaware Marathon May 11, 2014
    Wilmington Gran Fondo (62 Mile/100K Bike Race) May 18, 2014
    Hatfield - McCoy Marathon June 14, 2014
  • Cooriander
    Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    I am thinking about trying to qualify this summer, have a full scheduled 6/14 and I may do the run4troops on 6/28. The second race is trails, and it looks like it got good reviews. The two races will be my birthday present to myself since I am entering a new age group!!! I am not signing up for the 2nd until I finish the first.
  • KateRunsColorado
    KateRunsColorado Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I met some nice MM's at the Disney Marathon this past weekend. I arranged the group photo before the race. I ran my 6th Goofy Challenge. The Half was 1:54 and the marathon 4:27. It was pretty hot and very humid Saturday and cooler and breezy on Sunday, but still too hot for a marathon.

Nice job at Disney! I was just barely in front of you at the marathon - 4:26:45! (I "only" did the marathon though, no Goofy or Dopey).
  • keenho
    Options

Nice job at Disney! I was just barely in front of you at the marathon - 4:26:45! (I "only" did the marathon though, no Goofy or Dopey).

Thank you! I started in Corral C, I was in A the previous year for Goofy. 4:26 is a great time! It was a tough day out there for a lot of people. I had hoped for a finish time at or just under 4 hours, but having run my first trail ultra the weekend before (in 3 degree temps and snow), and running the half the day before... I knew about half way through I wouldn't be doing that. I "took it easy" on the second half and stopped along the way to get hugs and chat with friends and supporters along the route (Animal Kingdom Parking lot, DHS, Boardwalk, Water Stop 15.5, and Beach Club). My son volunteered at the 15.5 mile water stop, once I saw him and I was dragging a bit, he suggested I just make it a fun run. I did.
  • Cooriander
    Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the Disney Result!!! - I was also there, and did the Goofy. The half was too hot for me as well, but I enjoyed the full.