Recipe - Kale

I found Kale to be very difficult to eat until I discovered this recipe for Kale chips. Kale chips are a great snack to keep around for a week. I recomend checking your teeth for Kale that may be left behind before smiling at anyone.

1 bunch Kale, washed and torn (Note: I’ve used curly Kale and flat kale in this recipe; I like peeling or cutting the leaves off of the stem)
¾ cup tahini
¼ cut nama shoyu or soy sauce
½ cup cider vinegar
1 clove garlic
1 lemon (juice of)
¼ teaspoon sea salt

Optional:
½ cup water
2 tablespoons (at least) of nutritional yeast (This gives the kale the cheesy flavor…up to you how much you want to add)
Sunflower seeds

Place kale in a large mixing bowl. Combine the rest of the ingredients in a blender or food process and blend until smooth to get a thick consistency. You may have to add water to the mixture. Pour over kale and mix thoroughly with your hands or toss in container with lid to coat the kale; you want the mixture to be really “glued onto” the kale.

Place on a teflex sheet in a dehydrator. The recipe says 6 hours @ 115 degrees; I think my dehydrator is older and it ends up being at least 8 hours at about 120 degrees.