Virtual Christmas 3K or 5K!

Options
2»

Replies

• rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Doing it tonight...I will photo after....will probably look like a drowned rat. It is 60 and down pouring here right now...but I will get it in!
    (Extending mine into the long run lol, so doing 6 total tonight lol)
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I ran this morning, but only 3.0 miles instead of 3.1 because truthfully I forgot all about this. I was running on snow, which slows me down even further than my normal slow pace, so I finished in 41:25:07.
  • verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    Ok - I haven't ran in 2 weeks due to are cold weather and schedule conflicts but I've been doing other stuff. In fact, I was just starting my second spin session this morning when I realized I had committed to running a virtual 5K today. So, after that spin session, I went and ran a 5K - non stop. I can't post a strava map or anything because I was inside on a track and Strava won't work inside. My son was very impressed that I ran 2 miles non stop but when I kept going he was awed. I think I'm a bit slow. I'm not sure how to figure that - a 5K in 46 minutes which is the best time I've ever done. One year ago today, I couldn't finish one mile without walking. I know becuase it took me over an hour to finish a 5k last year about the same time. I actually probably did just a bit more since our track at our rec center says it is 11 laps plus 1/4 lap for a mile. I ran 35 laps just so I could be sure of make the distance.

With this I'm sorta done - I'm going to be shifting to more cycling as I have signed up for my first century ride in June 2014. Thank you everyone for the encouragement. I'm so happy to know I can do this now. I also know that like anything else, don't use it, I'll lose it. I'll see how it works out with all the other stuff I do.
  • asp415
    asp415 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    I did it! I ran slightly over the 5k distance this morning. It was 4 miles in 48min. I looked ridiculous in gold trim, but loved every moment of it. Unfortunately the red bird on my shoulder got lost along the way. I'm thinking I may need to add some poinsettias to this sweater & maybe a santa face for the back.

2ns73wj.jpg

Ps. Excuse the sweat & no makeup.
  • rduhlir
    Options
    I did it! I ran slightly over the 5k distance this morning. It was 4 miles in 48min. I looked ridiculous in gold trim, but loved every moment of it. Unfortunately the red bird on my shoulder got lost along the way. I'm thinking I may need to add some poinsettias to this sweater & maybe a santa face for the back.

2ns73wj.jpg

That is awesome! Great job!
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options

2ns73wj.jpg

Sweat & no make-up is perfect for this post. Great run! Sorry the red bird got lost along the way because I bet that was awesome.
  • discoveredamber
    discoveredamber Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry I forgot about this. I actually ran 3 miles yesterday though. In 50 min. Really slow. I would have done the sweater but I forgot. Sorry everyone.
  • asp415
    Options

Thank you & thanks for this virtual run. It was fun.
  • asp415
    Options
    Sweat & no make-up is perfect for this post. Great run! Sorry the red bird got lost along the way because I bet that was awesome.

Thank you. I think the bird decided to take flight, maybe I will see him again on my next run or perhaps he is a dogs new chew toy :cry:
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    That's a great picture, asp415!!

I had a great run this morning: 5K in 39:30! Any run under 40 minutes is an incredible run for me.

Here's a picture of me on the treadmill, right after my run: (I hope this works)

http://dakd0cjsv8wfa.cloudfront.net/images/photos/259/421/31259421_418_thumb.jpg

I am not wearing an ugly sweater but settled on an ugly t-shirt.

(how do I post a pic in this message?)
  • rduhlir
    Options
    Done...I actually did 6 miles. Wasn't able to take a pic. But I am complete.
  • asp415
    Options
    That's a great picture, asp415!!

I had a great run this morning: 5K in 39:30! Any run under 40 minutes is an incredible run for me.

Here's a picture of me on the treadmill, right after my run: (I hope this works)

http://dakd0cjsv8wfa.cloudfront.net/images/photos/259/421/31259421_418_thumb.jpg

I am not wearing an ugly sweater but settled on an ugly t-shirt.

(how do I post a pic in this message?)

Thank you. I uploaded the pic for you. You go into tinypic.com upload the photo & copy the URL code. You have to change the IMG that's in the code to lower case img. It took me a while to figure it out. Photobucket wasn't working for me, but tinypic works great.

34ex7at.jpg
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Completely forgot about this!

:grumble:
  • jessiekanga
    jessiekanga Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Love, love, love the vest! I did complete and forgot to post, sorry! 3.1 in 36:08. No winter sweaters for me, however, so I wore an old extra-big sweatshirt. It did make running a little tougher! :)
  • asp415
    Options
    Love, love, love the vest! I did complete and forgot to post, sorry! 3.1 in 36:08. No winter sweaters for me, however, so I wore an old extra-big sweatshirt. It did make running a little tougher! :)

I'm glad you like my garland dream. I thought a vest would be easier to up run in, but I think next year I will go even crazier.