Insanity Graduate!!! Finally finished the program!

Options
eSUNt
eSUNt Posts: 37 Member
I am officially an Insanity Graduate!!! I started the program on 9/9 and completed my final fit test on 12/2. Obviously I did not follow the program exactly as there were many weeks I took off more than one day. I also had a 5 day cruise vacation mid November. My diet was okay. I tracked almost everyday and used the TDEE method. I ate well during the week and pretty much cheated every weekend. I drank alcohol and ate desserts. You can check out my diary to see exactly what I ate. Overall, I am very satisfied with the program. Its was hard but it gives you results! I'm sure if my diet was on point I'd have very dramatic results but hey I love food and I didn't feel deprived once.

Weight - Lost 8.5 pounds
Inches - Lost a total of 8" (waist 2", hips 0.5", chest 1.5", abdomen 2", left arm 0.5", right arm 0.5", left thigh 0.5", right thigh 0.5")

Fit Test
SWITCH KICKS 46 52 47 57 63
POWER JACKS 51 53 55 56 57
POWER KNEES 84 97 97 112 114
POWER JUMPS 21 29 21 35 46
GLOBE JUMPS 8 12 9 11 12
SUICIDE JUMPS 16 20 19 19 23
PUSH UP JACKS 20 26 25 26 27
PLANK OBLIQUE 36 49 46 58 63

Dig Deep!!!

Focus T25 here I come!!!

Replies

• mrslcoop
    mrslcoop Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I'm currently smack in the middle of the program and following it similarly to you. Eat well during the week, "cheat" on the weekends (I hate that word since it's not cheating technically... I'll eat this way for the rest of my life and don’t feel bad about it at all), and taking off several days here and there. Due to the Tgiving holiday I've taken off 5 days and am going to start back up tonight… do you think this affected your results? And when did you start to see results? My husband swears he sees a difference, but I think he's just being kind and motivating.

ETA: How rude of me. Congrats on your results! That's awesome. I can only hope for half of that! And thanks for the motivation to get back into it and dig deep!
  • eSUNt
    Options
    Thank you! I went on a 4 night cruise and ate like a maniac but still worked out 3 of those days ( not Insanity but weights/cardio). I really don't think it affected my results too much. I lost 8 pounds in my first month then only lost 0.5 in the next 2 months. However, despite what the scale said I think I continued to lose inches overall. I noticed my clothes fitting loser probably a month in. Overall I feel so much better and my clothes fit better so I'm happy. I had to check myself mentally and remind myself that this is a journey not a race. Sometimes I would get super discouraged because of the number on the scale. But in reality I should be proud of the increase in my fitness level and the inches that I have lost. Trust the process and keep at it. Never give up.
  • currlee
    currlee Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Your results are awesome!
  • maasha81
    maasha81 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Congrats on our results. I'm hoping to lose inches as well.

Just started month 2 and I'm not rigid with the nutrition guide and advice offered as I like to eat in moderation as well.

I haven't measured yet but have noticed my body has started to look leaner and my butt is sitting higher. lol.

I have refused to jump on a scale as it discourages me ... I'm really more about a lean look rather than a number. I'll take measurements in a couple weeks.

Month 2 has really stepped up it's game but it's doable. I think I'm treading a bit easy as I did not preview the month 2 workouts. I'm hoping to kick it up a notch by next week.

By the way, what are you planning to do next after Insanity?
  • eSUNt
    Options
    Thank you!
  • eSUNt
    Options
    Hi Maasha - I am going to do Focus T25. It should be delivered this week! Very excited about the program! Looking forward to working out only 25 mins a day!
  • LeemTHEdream
    LeemTHEdream Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS!!
  • littlesprite11
    littlesprite11 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your results!! Insanity is awesome :)....