Shoulder Injury - Advice please

Options
Hi,

I recently restarted the program with a friend but previously I was on stage 3. We're in stage 1 and did workout B on Thursday. Somewhere during the workout I made a teeny tiny tear in my rotator cuff. Eff. So now I'm sidelined BUT really not wanting to lose any progress and gain inches back because I have engagement pictures coming up soon.

Its really frustrating to not be able to continue knowing I actually did some damage... after it happened I kept working out thinking I just pinched something and felt fine... a day later I was in pain, a day after that I couldn't move my arm. I start physio tomorrow but am hoping to hear from others who have had similar injuries and can maybe help me with some things I can still do... a lot of stage 1 involves shoulders and pulling so I'm a little sad.

Advice please! Thanks in advance :flowerforyou:

Replies

• AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I would focus on lower body until your pt tells you what you can and can't do.
  • LAnne16
    LAnne16 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing. Had to get X-rays and stuff.... Doctor told me to take 3 weeks off of heavy lifting, so I stuck to cardio and also researched physio workouts for rotator cuff injuries. I did those, and continue to warm up with them even though I'm back to the program 3 weeks later.