The science: exercising throws you out of "fat-burn"?

How does exercising throw you out of "fat-burn"? I am an active runner and love cycling. I tore my MCL playing soccer a month before starting MF. It's been awhile since I've run because of the injury. I recently went on a light run and now I feel ready to start running more consistently again. In the meantime, I have been cycling; it's high intensity, I'm not going to lie. I know MF says moderate, 45 min of exercise is okay. But my activity level at baseline is higher than that. I feel like I am going to start withdrawing if I don't get my exercise fix, but I definitely do not want to mess up the "fat-burning" process that is taking place. I meticulously control my diet per the MF plan, but would be confident manipulating macronutrients to accommodate a more intense exercise regimen. I just don't know how. Does any one know?

Replies

• MCLA4mom
    MCLA4mom Posts: 219 Member
    I think the best thing to do is to call nutrition support on that one. I lost my first 50lbs without any exercise. Then I trained for a 5K without any hiccups in my weight loss. Then, when I decided to train fro a 10K my weight loss came to a screeching halt once I hit the 5 mile mark. Everyones body is different so there is no one size fits all answer. It will throw you out of fat burn. It is not enough calories to sustain heavy exercise on the 5 & 1. For me, I has to take my running down a few notches. My weight loss started up again. I held back till I reached my goal and then I doubled my running in transition. In, the end I was glad I did it. I was able to take the last 25lbs off much quicker.
    Another option is to try a 4 & 2. You will still be in fat burn. You can exercise more but clients usually lose a bit slower on a 4 & 2. I have had clients that are running half marathons and more who do a 3 and 3. It will be an experiment to see how much you can run while on the program but it can be done.. Talk to your mentrr coach and call nutrition support.
    Hope this helps,
    Jennifer