Do you think Stevia (pure, liquid) inhibits weightloss?

Options
Hi there,
I was just wondering if anyone has found that stevia has made them want more sweet things or has caused them to not lose weight. I really like how it has no calories and no carbs, but I am wondering if I should cut it out...I have a strong sweet tooth despite being sugar-free! Thanks in advance for your input!

Replies

• Nicole9187
    Nicole9187 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I think it's one of those things were YMMV, for some it will effect them and others not so much. I personally try to limit my intake of sweeteners and I use swerve. I have found however that when I eat fruit I do feel like I have more cravings, but I have not found the same to be true with using sweeteners. I also have heard it could cause a stall for some and not for others, so far I have not experienced a stall from sugar subs
  • fruttibiscotti
    fruttibiscotti Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    It took me a while, but I learned to stop using sweeteners, just to get used to not having sugary tastes. It took about a month to kick the habit.
  • mamma_nee
    mamma_nee Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    I had the same reaction to stevia as I did with Splenda - I just kept craving more and more - I have long taken all sweeteners out of my lifestyle . Thanksgiving I baked me a cheesecake sweetened with Orange juice - no added sugars and I loved it. I honestly do not miss the sugars at all.
  • ppaleorunner20
    ppaleorunner20 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone. I think there will be a time when I feel more able to cut it out of my diet, but right now...I think it helps me not eat other unhealthy things. Thanks for your input. It's good to know there are others who have kicked the urge for something sweet.
  • LisaOnAMission007
    Options
    I've never had a problem. But you have to be careful to actually buy the real Stevia, and not Truvia. Most companies that use stevia, do not use it in it's pure form .The only brand I buy is from Sweetleaf. True stevia does not cause an insulin spike as it has no glycemic index.