Everyday Life....

Options
Hi All, Thought we needed a everyday gossip topic. Just to share things that are funny, or annoying, or just to get to know each other better. How you all doing? :flowerforyou:

Replies

• CharRicho
    CharRicho Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Hi :)

Good idea!

I'm doing well... I'm a student at the moment (forensic science) but it's break between semesters so I really have a lot of extra time to concentrate on my fitness and health which is good.
  • fairie_marie
    Options
    HI guys!

Great idea, we need more activity in this group :) I'm doing well, getting excited about Christmas, just wish my SIL wasn't selfish! She lives about 1/2 hour away out in the middle of no where.. We always have to drive down there for the holidays and that woman can not cook! Normally I make all the sides just so that something will take good.. THis year they are goingt to be like 5 min from my house to see my BIL's father in a nursing home, and she still is insisting we drive down there for dinner.. If it was not for the fact that my DH doesnt have much family I would tell her no.
  • truddy6647
    truddy6647 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I understand about inlaws we like 2.5hours from them..... we ask that the time for dinner be moved to 12 or 1 pm so that it is not dark when we leave for one and for another I would love to be able to go to candle light service however they refuse so every year it is dark out and every year I don't get to go to candle light service
  • fairie_marie
    Options
    Truddy that sucks! I spoke to DH last night and he said he is going to talk to his sister.. His sister has goats and BIL is so flipping concerned that something might happen to them that he won't stay gone from the house long.. If he housed said goats correctly he would not have to worry about coyates, but hey what do I know..
  • truddy6647
    Options
    There r goats at the businesses next to me......they r left for many many hours
  • powellfam2006
    powellfam2006 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    In laws... UGH.. lol. Well mine have been pretty much non existent since my husbands mother moved to Alabama. Which I don't complain to much, because they are nothing but DRAMA. But I do feel bad for my husband, because they rarely call him. But all of a sudden one of his sisters is reaching out. She asked us to Thanksgiving, which we didn't go, but then just to a Christmas gathering before Christmas. I told Levi we should go, she is reaching out, BUT, and that's a big BUTTTTT! What is behind all of this. I like our lives drama free, and I don't want to get sucked back into all of it again. His family is a Jerry Springer Special. I just hope that it's just dinner and not something else attached. What's everyone's plans for Christmas?
  • miranda_mom
    miranda_mom Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Last Christmas, my mother in law sent an e-mail out to my husband's entire extended family telling them that I am "unable to bear any more children". I hadn't even wanted him to tell her that we were trying but he did, and she told EVERYONE. And the best part was, she denied sending the e-mail. I know she sent it because I heard from a family member I am close to. Now that I am pregnant, I hear nothing from them which is fine with me.
  • truddy6647
    Options
    Christmas plans are usually spend Christmas eve with inlaws and Christmas day at my grandmas.....this year not sure......things with my hubby don't look good he might (this is probably more on the will be side than might) be hospitalized and not sure how long that would last so not sure on that at all. if not those are my plans and we are going to leave early enough Christmas eve to go to my aunt's church for candle light service this year. (so excited about that)
  • powellfam2006
    Options
    Christmas plans are usually spend Christmas eve with inlaws and Christmas day at my grandmas.....this year not sure......things with my hubby don't look good he might (this is probably more on the will be side than might) be hospitalized and not sure how long that would last so not sure on that at all. if not those are my plans and we are going to leave early enough Christmas eve to go to my aunt's church for candle light service this year. (so excited about that)

Oh No why will he be hospitalized?
  • CharRicho
    CharRicho Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Last Christmas, my mother in law sent an e-mail out to my husband's entire extended family telling them that I am "unable to bear any more children". I hadn't even wanted him to tell her that we were trying but he did, and she told EVERYONE. And the best part was, she denied sending the e-mail. I know she sent it because I heard from a family member I am close to. Now that I am pregnant, I hear nothing from them which is fine with me.

W.T.F.

There are no words for this. I want to slap her for you and I don't even really know you!
  • powellfam2006
    Options
    I have come to the conclusion your in laws are either really good or really bad.. lol... not much of a in-betweener there. Plans for New years? Anything fun??? I am not sure yet, we probably will just hang out at home since it's in the middle of the week.. booo!
  • aegarvey
    aegarvey Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I think I agree with your assessment that inlaws are either really good or really bad. I felt awful reading about the problems many of you are having. My in-laws are fabulous. I really lucked out in that department. No big new year's plans here :( Husband is a home body. I swear, we got married and he became an 80 year old man lol. Although after all the parties next week, probably won't mind staying in for a night. Hope you all have a great holiday.
  • truddy6647
    Options
    not any plans for the new year of course we never really do anything for the new year....................Today on the other hand is looking to not be the greatest of days.....not feeling well at all

edit: Hubby gets out of the hospital today after being in for just over a week from a reactions to a new medication. (caused problems with his heart along with severe anxiety that made it so he couldn't control movement in his limbs) needless to say they took him off that med and put on a different med that thus far has not had any side effects from that I know of
  • powellfam2006
    Options
    Oh Goodness! That is not good. Thankfully he is home and doing better! Scary!
  • truddy6647
    Options
    SSo frustrated tonight.....tonight was Christmas with in laws and my husband told them we r trying fertility treatments however we agreed that we were not going to tell anyone until we knew that I was actually going to carry the child full term......he up and went and told his family so frustrated
  • miranda_mom
    Options
    Sorry to hear - that's how it started last year with me. Husband decided to confide in his mother, who obviously was not trustworthy since she told the entire extended family.
  • truddy6647
    Options
    yeah today we went back over to his dads to pick up my tablet that I left there and his dad tells my husband why would you want to have children so late you're almost 50 most people that age would be waiting to become grandparents not parents. Judgement
  • miranda_mom
    Options
    My experience has been that people who knew we were trying would say things like that, I think maybe to make us feel better (even though it doesn't). Like when we were trying my mom would always be like "Well you'd be starting all over again" and stuff like that (we have a seven year old). And sometimes she would encourage it and say it would be nice for our daughter to have a sibling.
    Once I got pregnant though, she was thrilled, so like I said, maybe he is just trying to make your husband feel better in case it doesn't work out, even though it never makes you feel better, just judged.
    With our daughter, we told everyone we were trying. With this one, we told hardly anyone. Because seriously, I do not need to hear everyone's thoughts on whether or not I should have a child, or how to go about it, etc. I found the support in groups like this to be more than enough that I didn't have to worry about telling a lot of people.
    Did everyone have a great holiday? My daughter is so thrilled with her American Girl Doll. I didn't get her the one she wanted because she has dark hair, relatively dark skin, dark eyes, etc. and wanted a blonde one. I know it's awful but I got her one that looked like her instead of the one she wanted! My mom and I also both got tons of cute clothes off of Etsy (way cheaper than buying the stuff from American Girl and I prefer to support small businesses when I can). And my mom got some cute patterns for crochet off of Ravelry and made a few outfits.
  • aegarvey
    aegarvey Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear more drama, but I laughed about you getting your girl a different American Girl doll than the one she asked for. When I was little, they were just getting popular, they only had like three or four different dolls. I asked for the one from the American Revolution (redhead) because her stories were about horses and I LOVED horses. I got the pioneer girl because she was blonde like me. But I did love her all the same :) I don't have any kids yet, but i can see myself making that executive decision as well.
  • truddy6647
    Options
    Hello I am in need of prayer for my husband over this holiday he has been in and out of the hospital. things have not been good over the last few days and are still rocky not sure what the doctors are doing nor do I think they know for sure many prayers needed. I know and believe there is power in prayer thank you