New to exercising

Options
bpcreel
bpcreel Posts: 21 Member
I am considering attending a Bodycombat class this week but I am definitely a little nervous about it. I have just joined the gym and I am loving the zumba class and dance trance but I want to try Bodycombat. Anyone have any tips for someone just starting out? I keep telling myself to just go but then I talk myself out of it. I know I can't change and meet my goals if I don't give this a shot. Any advice or encouragement would be appreciated!

Brook

Replies

• amergee
    amergee Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Do it! The whole reason I started back at the gym was because I loved Zumba so much. After about a week back I dared myself to take a Pump class and now I'm a total convert!
  • 24Keffy
    24Keffy Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Do it! The whole reason I started back at the gym was because I loved Zumba so much. After about a week back I dared myself to take a Pump class and now I'm a total convert!

I used to do Zumba all the time and one pump class had me too! I just find it much more rewarding :)
  • Chantilly_laced
    Options
    DO IT!! I'm WAY out of shape, completely uncoordinated, and cripplingly shy, but I found this class and fell in LOVE!! I've tried Zumba and it just moves too fast. I feel like an idiot when I attempt the moves and am about 17 steps behind everyone else. In Combat, if you can punch and kick, you're good to go! If something is too hard for you, modify it! For example, I'm typically too out of breath to "pulse" after punches, so I either squat or march in place. As long as you keep moving, it doesn't matter! Try it out... nobody will force you to come back if you really don't like it... but chances are you'll fall in love too! :love: