Exercise recommendation

Options
Onederchic
Onederchic Posts: 128 Member
I am fat. I want to lose fat (and some weight too). I have been running 5 days a week (I am not fast or anything, 5mph is what I do for 50 minutes + warmup and cool down walk 5 minutes each) + have been doing Turbo Fire and a Boyd Pump/Body Combat hybrid. Last week I cut out the Turbo Fire but I am still working out about 2 hours a day, 5 days a week. I have been doing the running a few months now and to be honest, I am not really into it. I do it because I feel like I am working harder than just walking because I don't walk fast (3.5-3.7) with an incline of 5-7. I like the Turbo Fire workouts and any workout like that really. Any suggestions? I also do all my workouts at home. I do have a weight bench, Olympic weight bar + weights and dumbbells but no squat rack. My bf can spot if need be. I am open to any and all suggestions.

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    If you like TF, why don't you do a combination between TF and a few full body workouts that concentrate on compound lifts?
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    What does your BodyPump/BodyCombat program consist of?
  • Onederchic
    Options
    It's the DVD programs. Body Pump is endurance weights and Body Combat is MMA type stuff.
  • Onederchic
    Options
    If you like TF, why don't you do a combination between TF and a few full body workouts that concentrate on compound lifts?

Thank you. I have NROLFW, would that be something I should look into or no? Or a specific list of lifts?
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options

Thank you. I have NROLFW, would that be something I should look into or no? Or a specific list of lifts?
    IMO, NROLFW is a great place to start.. especially if you are new to lifting.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    As psulemon notes, NROLFW is a good place to start. As you do not have a squat rack, I would use alternative where one would be needed for safety reasons.

You can check out alternatives here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/902569-barbell-routines-when-you-only-have-dumbbells
  • Onederchic
    Options
    Thank you very much! Checking it out now :)
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Locking the thread so we can keep track of active ones better. If you have follow up questions, please feel free to PM either myself or SideSteel, including a link to this thread, and we will unlock it so you can ask them.
This discussion has been closed.