Anyone interested in a part 2?

Options
Would anyone from this group have an interest in a part 2, starting in January?
I love the motivation and accountability I get here and am absolutely up or more of that.
We could have a goal of weight loss, exercise minutes, inches lost, or maybe we each set a personal goal and check in with progress each week. Any ideas or preferences?

-Jen

Replies

• AnnaZimm70
    AnnaZimm70 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes, yes! I've been thinking the same thing. Maybe 15 lbs. by St. Patrick's Day? Other thoughts for a definable goal?
  • meowlymary
    meowlymary Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I like Anna's idea too! Maybe with challenges?
  • GRTFULDD1
    GRTFULDD1 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Im in !! Like the adding of exercise challenges or weight loss goals by st paddys day
  • Siobhan3240
    Options
    I am in :)
  • lharri0209
    lharri0209 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I like the idea! How about a Lose 15 lbs by Spring challenge?
  • tugten
    tugten Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm in. 15 pounds or so would be perfect starting day after Christmas. There's no reason to stop it's been a great help checking in and being accountable. Thanks.
  • Runningcircuits
    Options
    Great!
    So 15 lbs by St. Patty's Day (March 17) seems to be a consensus.
    For exercise: how about we do total minutes per week? Does 150 minutes per week seem doable to everyone? That's an avg of 30 minutes, 5 times per week. (but obviously it can be distributed however we want) Higher? Lower?
    First check-in would be Dec 28.

I guess we should start a new group? Or just keep it here?

Thanks for being interested! I have loved the support from all of you!

Jen
  • bellesouth18
    bellesouth18 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Yes! I haven't done well with this challenge and would like to keep going.

The 15 lbs. and 2.5 hours a week sounds good to me. Will one of you kick me in the kiester to get me started? lol
  • knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    15 more pounds puts me at goal, so that works for me! And I need the extra support to get through the winter while still keeping up the exercise. SO IN!!
  • Emar11
    Emar11 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Yes!

I'm always looking for new challenges and ways to stay motivated. After the 1st of the year is a perfect time to start again too.
  • oreyna
    oreyna Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'm in...How about something for Valentine's Day? I really enjoy seeing everyone's success and support...
  • Cowgal23
    Cowgal23 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    You can count me in for a continuation of our group. I will really need a swift kick in the butt to get me going after Christmas I think.
  • tugten
    tugten Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Jen, count me in for Part 2, either renaming this group or starting new one. Exercise hours log is fine by me as I almost walk every night. Starting weigh in and exercise log for 12/28/13 sounds perfect. No need to skip a week eventhough the holiday will up the calories for sure. Thanks for doing this. Liz
  • Care76
    Care76 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I like posting my results even if there hasn't been much loss. My ultimate goal is inches, not pounds.
  • health1971
    Options
    Jen, I'm so in for this second part *YAY*... :love:

15 lbs by March 17th, 150 minutes of exercise, and weight in and exercise log by 12/28/2013 :bigsmile: ...

Taking a step at a time to reach my goal always :flowerforyou: ...
  • magstaylor22
    Options
    Yes I am in too! I think it's a great idea, I definitely want to keep on losing and being accountable on here has definitely helped me with that. I think 15 lbs by March 17th is a great idea and the additional exercise challenge as well is good to keep me accountable.

Here's to a happy, fit and slim New Year to all of us:happy:
    Margaret
  • Runningcircuits
    Options
    Hi Everyone:

I created a new group, so head on over and join: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/17955-exercise-challenge-15-lbs-lost-by-st-patty-s-day
    But first - two weeks until our xmas challenge is complete! I can't wait to see everyone's results.

-Jen
  • zanne54
    zanne54 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    YES! I'm in.

I'm not going to make my goal for end of the year, so a new challenge will be the perfect thing to kick me into gear for the new year.

I've fallen off the wagon over the past week. So, I'm taking a little break but will be right back at it Jan 2nd.
  • Sapphire1812
    Sapphire1812 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Would love to come and join you all too for part 2... as this group helps keep me accountable by reporting in each week.

Thanks SlotB for doing this... I will look forward to continuing with you at the 15lbs by St. Patrick's day new link. :drinker: