new to group..looking for friends

Options
I am an emotional eater and this year has been the worst. See my husband was diagnosed with PKD stage 4 (Polycystic Kidney disease) and my way of dealing with it has been to eat. I cant continue this. He will need a kidney and that's why I'm here.I was told I would need to weigh a certain weight in order to be checked to see if I'm a match for him. I am looking for friends to help me by encouragement and support to reach my goal. I will also give encouragement and support to my MFP friends..please add me ,thanks!

Replies

• cindagrif
    cindagrif Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I am a emotional eater to! I try to do other things but food is always the first thing I go to. Really going to try to change that this year.
    I have a big family wedding in May and would really like to look good for it. I would like to lose at least 20 pounds by then.

You have a very serious reason to lose weight and that should help you alot. Good luck to you and your husband. I will keep you both in my prayers.

You can add me as a friend if you would like. :)
  • ImNoAngel2
    ImNoAngel2 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I am an emotional eater as well. I would love to be your friend & encourage & support you in anyway I can. Please add me. I will keep you & your husband in my prayers.
  • redrdghood40
    redrdghood40 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I too am an emotional eater. The last 2 yrs at work have been so stressful. I have been on a roller coaster ride since my mother died. Please feel free to add me as a friend.

I am trying an app in addition to myfitnesspal called recovery record. While you write down what you eat, it mostly focuses on your emotions, etc. It is not a calorie diary or anything like that. I'm not sure if I'll continue, but thought it might help me focus on how I'm feeling.
  • ImNoAngel2
    ImNoAngel2 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    My grandmother died 7 months ago so I can imagine what you are going through you will be in my prayers. It has been really hard on me I was extremely close to her she was like my second mom. Now that its a new year I made a promise to her & myself to get fit & healthy this year I know she's looking down & smiling at me. My husband started a January running challenge that I joined for this month which is keeping me motivated & focused. I would love to add you as a friend & together we can encourage each other on our weight loss journeys.
  • redrdghood40
    redrdghood40 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks Jenn. I added you! :)