starting over

Options
Hi all...I've decided to try to get healthy...again. My 62nd birthday is coming up and I weigh the most I've ever been. time to take care of me. Sadly, I find that hard to do. My job makes it difficult for regular meal times and I often end up making something quick...which is always unhealthy...or I pig out to deal with stress...which just makes me angry at myself. So, I'd like to get rid of some bad habits and start to improve my lifestyle. Well, that was easy to SAY...now I need some help to get on track.

Replies

• dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Welcome feel free to friend me if it is mutual support
  • dcnpaul
    dcnpaul Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I really think that you have come to the right place to loose weight and get healthier. Get yourself some friends and they will help encourage your progress and you will have the opportunity to encourage them. Friend me if you wish - I am also over 60 and trying to loose years of weight gain and take on a heathier lifestyle. Again - Welcome and I hope to see you as a friend!
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,757 Member
    Options
    Hi all...I've decided to try to get healthy...again. My 62nd birthday is coming up and I weigh the most I've ever been. time to take care of me. Sadly, I find that hard to do. My job makes it difficult for regular meal times and I often end up making something quick...which is always unhealthy...or I pig out to deal with stress...which just makes me angry at myself. So, I'd like to get rid of some bad habits and start to improve my lifestyle. Well, that was easy to SAY...now I need some help to get on track.

Friend me if you want.

I work 12.5 hr days 3 to 4 days a week at nights so have to pack in everything I eat at the office. I know about the challenges of weird working hours. I can also relate to the stress eating.

This is a great group of folks who check in regularly and encourage and offer suggestions.

All the best in your Journey.
  • jdpines
    Options
    I feel exactly the same way.