Hi from Greypanther back again

Options
Hi, I'm back again, this is such a good site, I thought I would give it another go! I have got arthritis in my knees, haven't we all? Anyway I have to have a knee replacement and will have to try and lose weight, several stone, this can only help. Hope it works this time, anyway I am still very cheerful, could be worse.

Replies

• debilang
    debilang Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Happy to live another day GP...:happy:
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    Happy that you are back greypanther! From what I have seen on MFP needing a knee/hip replacement can be a powerful incentive to lose weight in order to prepare for it. You can do this! Every pound and stone that you lose will help your joints immensely.

Cheering you on. Visit the Sassy Seniors group often to post your progress :drinker: .

hugs :flowerforyou: ,
  • greypanther23
    Options
    Thanks people. Anyone got ideas about this...Over the last three days I have been slightly under my calorie target of 1200 calories and have swum 30 minutes each day, I have put on 2lbs?!?
  • greypanther23
    Options
    Hi Sassy Seniors,

Where are you all? Anyway, after last week's post only good news to report, I am now 16-6lbs and whem I began, at my heaviest I was 17-4lbs...so that is 12lbs by my reckoning. I suppose that isn't bad, but it does seem slow.
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    Sudden weight gain of several pounds can be water weight. I see it if I eat more sodium than usual like eating out or chips and so on or if my water consumption goes down. If it is sodium related I up my water and in a couple days the temporary weight gain is gone.

Also a temporary weight gain can be because of when you weigh yourself and so many other factors. I don't worry about it if I'm doing all the right things. But if it goes up and I know I have been not eating right then I know it is a warning to me.

take care :flowerforyou: