Looking for comfort/support

Options
Hi there,
I have been trying to find some active groups regarding eating disorders. I'm not sure if I'm just not finding the type of posts I want or what, but I just need some help.
I am struggling lately with food ( In know we all are probably), and I have an appointment with the nutritionist at my Dr's office next week.
Right now though, I'm hungry. I'm trying to eat some tuna with ranch dressing, and I can barely get through it. I'm still hungry but food is making me feel nauseated due the stress of just eating.
I'm trying to get help but right now I'm just so lost.
I need to get some work done, but I cannot even concentrate on anything except being hungry and not knowing how I can force myself to eat anything.
If I was at home, I would have eaten about half a jar of PB or a ton of cheese by now just to fill the void. Since I am at the office, I;m limited to what I have here. I have a box of baby Kale, some herb and garlic cream cheese, and a few hard boiled eggs and a can of tuna (that i'm tryin to eat now). Healthy options, and things I should be perfectly comfortable eating. I just can't make myself eat it. I feel so nauseous but so hungry. Ugh. SOrry, I just needed to get this out.

Replies

• ltaylor9597
    Options
    Hi Allison - I have been out and about on the site as well trying to find an active group for this. Most of the groups I find tend to have months of great activity and then it all falls apart. I am just now coming to the realization that all the "self sabotaging" I have been dealing with for years is actually binge eating. Which, is embarrassing in a lot of ways. I finally decided to reach out and find some on-line help. Face to face is just too much for me. How did you do last week? It sounded like you were really having a rough time. I can totally relate. Sometimes I am so glad to go to work because I am limited to what I have packed for the day. I work from home on Fridays and those are the worst days for me. I have binges nearly every Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Many times I binge in the evening when I get home as well. It is getting to the point that I wonder if just being home is a trigger which seems like a really terrible thing. Feel free to friend me. You can send me messages or whatever. I would be happy to at least be your "on call" sounding/venting board. Not sure if that would be helpful or not. I always kind of wished I had someone "on call" that I could just get in touch with whenever I was struggling.