Running Partners - Starting Day 1 on Dec 16th...

Options
Link2Life
Link2Life Posts: 102 Member
I'm starting C25K, day 1, on Monday Dec 16th. Anyone else want to start with me?

Replies

• likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I can't start with you, but I will check in and see where you are :)
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    I'll be here to encourage you as well.
  • amberflo143
    amberflo143 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I will encourage... on week 9 for the 10K... love the program! Good Luck!
  • Link2Life
    Options
    Day 1 is here!

My son is throwing up, my daughter has a band concert after school, and I'm behind at work.

Those are the facts. However, hey are NOT going to turn into excuses.

I have a date with my treadmill at 9:00pm tonight (or earlier).

Thanks to all of you for encouraging me as I start this program.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    You should be proud that you are committing to 30 minutes today.
  • PaytraB
    Options
    Love the determination you're showing. That will pull you through this program.

Let us know how you do tonight. Remember to take it slow.
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    slow and steady wins the race, but your determination is a huge factor as well!! Keep it up :flowerforyou:
  • Link2Life
    Options
    W1D1 - DONE. :smile:
  • likitisplit
    Options
    Yay! You did it! That was my hardest run, but I felt so much accomplishment. I didn't die. It was just a little run. I could do this. Amazing!
  • PaytraB
    Options
    Yay!! You're off to a good start. Well done!
  • Link2Life
    Options
    W1D2 Done!

I had to get some new shoes and inserts...but I'm off and running now...(well, at least for 8 minutes!)
  • Link2Life
    Options
    W1D3 Done!

It's amazing how different one run can feel compared to another. I felt like I was flying this morning. I hope it's okay I keep posting my updates in my own thread...

Do most people run every other day or 3 x week?
  • diadia1
    diadia1 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    W1D3 Done!

It's amazing how different one run can feel compared to another. I felt like I was flying this morning. I hope it's okay I keep posting my updates in my own thread...

congrats. :flowerforyou: your first week done. you should be proud of yourself!:drinker:
    i run 2-3 x a week. and i need a day rest in-between, to have a proper recovery time.
  • spookyjo
    spookyjo Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    W1D3 Done!

Well done :smile:

I run every other day as I also lift on run days.

You got this :smile:
  • Link2Life
    Options
    I had to skip a day - the top of my right foot hurts. I can't figure out if it's my tennis shoe laced too tight (so I have kept it looser now) or if perhaps it's a shoe I wore to work (and then gorcery shopping), or if it's just my feet getting used to walking and running again.
  • mikaylaro
    mikaylaro Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Congrats on completing week one!! I just started the program this morning after signing up for my first 5K yesterday. A little nervous but determined.
  • Link2Life
    Options
    Well I haven't been very good about sticking to the schedule, but I just finished 3.3 yesterday. 4.1 is planned for Thursday.

I joined a gym about a week ago and the treadmills there are so much nicer than my wobbly one at home. I'm getting past the initial anxiety of the gym and starting to enjoy my "me" time.

The only issue I keep having is the top of my right foot will hurt and I can't quite figure out if I'm lacing my shoe to tight, not tight enough, if I have a bad fit, bad form, or what have you. I just give myself an extra day or two if I need it because I don't want to create any issues by forcing anything.

I'm slow as a turtle but I don't care...i'm doing it. I am going to join the local runners club "beginner" class the end of March - which should be perfect timing when I complete the C25k.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    You are lacing your shoes too tightly. Also, you might want to try a different shoe the next time you buy them.