workout tracking: multiple site choices.

Options
Djproulx
Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
I'm trying to decide how I want to track workouts and what tools are easiest/best going forward.

I use MFP for food tracking at the recommendation of my trainer.

For each week's workouts, he sends an email outlining the week's plans. He also recommended that I use the Running2Win site for capturing my running data. I've begun using it and am satisfied with it to date.

Now that I've decided to train for a sprint event, I'm wondering if I should make any changes in my tracking approach. I just joined and have visited the BT site, but am wondering if there is any need to switch tracking tools from R2W.

I'd appreciate hearing how others do this and welcome comments about the relative merits of using one tool versus another.

Replies

• scott091501
    scott091501 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    I've used both BT and Training Peaks for tracking. I prefer Training Peaks.
  • kchang77
    kchang77 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I just started really using SportsTracks and I really like it. I played with it a little during the trial period, but I have really taken a deeper dive into it and think that with the correct plugins, can provide a better value than Training Peaks.
  • PollyWolly98
    Options
    I was using Running Ahead to track my running back before I started training for triathlon. I was happy to find that Running Ahead also tracks swimming and cycling workouts. It's free and I really like it, because I can look at the calendar to make sure I got in all of my workouts for the week/month. It also keeps track of the mileage on your equipment (shoes, bike, etc), which is nice.
  • KeithAngilly
    KeithAngilly Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I just started really using SportsTracks and I really like it. I played with it a little during the trial period, but I have really taken a deeper dive into it and think that with the correct plugins, can provide a better value than Training Peaks.

I agree with this. I have my garmin connect account linked with sportracks.mobi When I fire up sporttrack on the pc, my workouts are downloaded automatically. I would think for a triathlete, sporttracks would be perfect.