Introduce Yourself

Options
Tell us a little bit about yourself! What are some of your hobbies/interests? How old are you and where are you from? What has been your weight loss journey so far? Is there anything you would like help with?

Replies

• RachWood88
    RachWood88 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 30, active duty Air Force stationed in Alabama! Just moved from Las Vegas. I have been trying to lose 30 lbs for about 3 years now. I keep going up and down.. I need to just be consistent and keep going, I always end up falling off the boat. I look forward to the new year and helping motivate and get motived by this group! Thanks! -Rachel
  • Joanne1568
    Joanne1568 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello... My name is Joanne and I am 45 years old. I am diabetic and I use an Insulin Pump to control it. I have spent a lot of time trying to lose weight, and I have yet to succeed. However, I will not quit. I have had Gastric Bypass 9 years ago and I am considering a revision... not sure yet. I am a gamer, I play a game called EverQuest II and that is a lot of fun. I am from Harrisburg Pennsylvania and have lived in this area all my life. I have a really cool family, 4 kids, a fiance and my mom as well as Dallas my 9 mo old Chihuahua and 2 Kittens Jinxy and Mystic that were rescued from the Humane Society and they are 9 months old as well. In January the latest addition to our happy family is an Eight week old PitBull Puppy named Mia.

I think my biggest problem is motivation... compulsive eating and binge eating... I want to lose about 165 lbs if not more.
    I just started this journey again so im at 4 pounds down. I have lost hundreds and put hundreds back on over the years... I cant wait to master this. Chin up and keep striving to be better. :)
  • AnnaYESiCANdoIT
    AnnaYESiCANdoIT Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I have been on for about 2 yrs now and Ive recently gained like 12lbs in the last yr. I workout and eat very healthy but usually dont count wknds. I am in the process of monitoring my thyroid and Its running high so may need to go on meds...Its so frustrating tho cuz I workout so good and eat good and I GAIN WEIGHT!!? WHAT!!?? so I am having a recheck on my thyroid the first wk in january so that will determine which path I need to get on to slim down and be fit again!
  • sjlmorgan
    sjlmorgan Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

I'm Sharon.I grew up in NY/NJ area, have lived in Daytona Beach and Miami and currently live in East Tennessee; am married, no children, work part time and am attending a university online to earn a masters degree. I enjoy reading, traveling, singing, good music and learning. I really do not like to sweat, EVER! I'm 44, 5'4" and the least I weighed since reaching this height is 109 and the most is 285. I weighed 180 when I got married in 1997 and have gained steadily to 264 since then. I weigh, today (going to the scale...stand by please...) 257.2 lbs.

I would like to lose 100 lbs by next December. I should also be complete with my coursework at that time so a second goal is to find my career, not a JOB, where ever it takes me.

I really need support...my husband's idea of support are "why aren't you running around the block?" and "should you be eating fried chicken?" and my favorite "I will eat that (whatever) because you aren't getting any smaller." Did I mention that his metabolism is ridunkulous and he weighs like 135 soaking wet! He figures tough love is the way to go but it makes me want to shampoo his hair with my cast iron frying pan! UGH and ARGH!

So, that being said, I REALLY need POSITIVE support and reinforcement. Obviously, I can lose weight when motivated (I lost 100 lbs before I met my hubby over several years), but lately, I'm just like, I'm gonna eat what I want when I want and the heck with the rest. Food makes me happy, and I LOVE to cook and bake which is unfortunate for me. I have implemented the no seconds and smaller plate rules and they have helped so far. AAAND I am exercising (ugh) as well.

Anything you can offer will save my husband from his shampoo appointment!
  • slerich
    slerich Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Howdy!

My name is Sabrina, I'm 29 and I live in San Antonio, TX.

I lost my weight over a 2 year period about 4 years ago. After hitting my goal weight I got pregnant with my son. Gave birth to him in 2011 and had to lose the baby weight! Got back down to my goal weight and for 2 years I have been maintaining my weight. 2013 has been a real struggle for me. Found out my ex-husband didn't like the fact that I enjoyed triathlons or working out for that matter. Divorce was final in October and I'm working on getting back to I enjoy and that's working out.

I'm fine with the weight I'm at but I wont be upset if I loose a few more pounds. My Goal for 2014 is to really see what my body is capable of. I will complete a 1/2 Ironman 70.3 miles by the end of 2014! I hope you all will push me along the way!
  • Mex_Illini_14
    Mex_Illini_14 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm 24 y/o (for another month or so) and am currently in my last year of law school. I go to school in Indiana but am from the suburbs of Chicago. I made weight loss goals at the start of 2013 and while I've come a long way, I haven't been able to meet the last one. So I'm going to carry that over and make new ones for 2014. Ultimately, I want to be able to wear something and look really good in it, maybe even one day be able to wear a bikini. I do wanna become fit, not ust skinny, and want to add a weight training aspect to my workout routine to help tone up my body. I wanna be able to wear the super cute mini skirt and/or not have the bulge of fat in pics. I ultimately would like to weigh around 160, but if I can go lower and still be healthy, I"m all for it. I'm not sure why I've settled on 160 but it seems like a good balanced number. feel free to add me!
  • zd04
    zd04 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone....I am Zalak from India. I am 21 and studying architecture. I am 163lbs/ 74kg and my first goal is to be 132.2lbs/60kg.this year was not so good for me to lose weight. But yeah now I am totally prepared for a new start and so excited for this challenge...hope we will support, encourage and motivate each other to reach our goal....Feel free to add me:flowerforyou: but yeah dont forget to leave a message...:wink:
  • klane1129
    klane1129 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, my name is Kelly I've been part of this site for a while now, and I do really well, then fall off the wagon, and so on. I'm for the midwest, Plainfield, IL to be exact, about 40 minutes south of Chicago. I'm a yo yo dieter and have been for years. I'm 31 years old and just got married October 26, 2013. I'm a newleywed! We have 2 dogs with tons of energy, and I have a 7 year old stepson who I just adore! This year I have easily gained 20 pounds. I have no idea where my motivation is. I vowed to myself that I was going to lose weight for my wedding, but that idea flew right out the window. Honestly, I just love food, I'm a total foodie, and have the hardest time picking the right food choices, and my body is paying for it. I know if this keeps up, I'm at risk for a lot of health complications to come in my life. I will want children one day and I will want to keep up with them. And of course, my self esteem is in the toilet. I weigh 224 right now and would love to be back at 160 like I used to be, but at this point I would take anything in the 100's. I'm ready to make a change, it's going to be hard, but I have a great support system from my husband, so I know I can do this!! I look forward to this journey with all of you!
  • flasher13
    Options
    Hi ya, I'm Jade from the UK hehe. I'm 21 years old and I currently weigh 130 pounds. I enjoy Zumba, keeping fit, shopping and all sorts of fun stuff. 2014 brings to me a whole lot of challenges and goals I want to achieve such as losing those extra 4 pounds, toning up by the summer and to just have fun doing it all :)
  • dream2loseit
    dream2loseit Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Im from GA, Im a 20 year old female wanting to lose a couple of pounds while having a busy lifestyle. I currently weigh 160ish and want to get down to 130. You can add me if you want, I could use some motivation.
  • kimjutjor
    kimjutjor Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I am Kim and live in Oklahoma. I will turn 50 in October and my goal is to be at my ideal weight on my birthday and then stay there for the rest of my life. Today I weigh 221.7 and I am shooting for 150 as my ultimate goal weight. When I get close to that, that number may change as I have no idea what I will look and feel like at 150. I started this journey at my highest weight of 306 and so I have come far and am doing well. I feel I have control over my eating habits and now finally my exercise habits as well for the first time in my life. My motivation was that if I continued in my old ways, I would soon wind up with diabetes and high blood pressure and be on meds for the rest of my life. I thought I am too smart to go down that path and so finally straightened myself up and am eating and exercising right. I feel better already and love being down to this weight so far.
  • stormie1985
    Options
    I'm Stormie.. I currently live in southern Alabama. I am 28 years old... 2 kiddos.. bunch of animals (plus fosters!). I'm currently working on my Bachelors in Geology... more specifically Volcanology plus minoring in Organic Chem. I'm going through a divorce that has been long coming. I lost 60lbs 2 years ago and have gained about 25-30 back due to letting stress get to me. I am 166lbs and I would love to get down to 135 by the end of this upcoming year then eventually down to 120 (I'm 5'2). I would also like to start at a gym but am finding myself holding back due to me being new to this area... so right now I'm just working out/running at home.
  • heather_riffenburg1
    Options
    Hi, I'm Heather. I live in freezing cold MN. Every winter I ask myself what I'm still doing here. I'm married and I have a son and daughter who turned 18 this year. The kids are only 4 months apart. We are a blended family and have been together since the kids were two.
    Work has been beyond stressful right now. I'm an account manager in the medical industry and I manage two of MN largest companies. Health Care Reform has been a great time, kidding. Recently we have had leadership changes. The new leadership has made some changes that are not going over very well and has brought the moral down in my department.
    I have lost weight in the past using WW but I get stuck at 175 and put all the weight back on plus friends. Now I have over 100 lbs to lose. Currently I'm going through the process for a weight loss surgery. I'm considering the sleeve. However, I'm not 100% sure I want to go through with it. I recently learned that I could no longer have caffeine or beer after the surgery FOREVER. Not sure I can make that kind of commitment.
    I'm really frustrated with the weight and the struggles. I've only recently started using MFP. My dietician recommended it to me. So far, I really like it but my biggest challenge is being committed to logging. I will record for a few days and the quit as soon as I eat something bad or if I know it’s going to be a bad day because my will power has been lacking. I'm trying to turn it around. Today will be my 15th day in a row of recording my food.
  • CSlupe11
    CSlupe11 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. My name is Crystal. I am 26 years old and live in Oregon. I am currently a stay at home mom with two boys. My oldest is 18 months old and my youngest is 4.5 months old.

With having back to back pregnancies, weight loss has been a little harder than in the past. I am working towards losing the last 10-15lbs to reach my goal weight.

I am hoping to lose weight but also tone at the same time to be ready for the summer time clothing. :)
  • yareth78
    yareth78 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. My name is Tamara and I currently live in MD. I am a married, working mom of a wonderful 12 yr old son. I have been on the site since 2010 but I havent used the site as actively as I should. Back in the day I used to weigh about 180lbs (I'm 5'2). Since then I have worked my way down to 130 and want to get back down to my pre-baby weight of 120.

My primary reason for wanting to lose weight is that I have really bad knee problems. I need both knees replaced but the doctors will not do it because I am too young. Every pound I put on/take off has a profound effect on my knees. I would like to lose another 10 lbs to be comfortable and not be in so much pain. I am only able to do low impact excersizes, but not for very long without reverting to medication for the pain it causes. The only other way to control my weight is through food.

I currently do not have any supporters since I havent been active on the site. Feel free to add me as your friend and hopefully we can support each other through our weight loss journey!
  • tundebo
    tundebo Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

My name is Tünde and I live in Salzburg(Austria;Europa)I am married, working mom of a 6 years old daughter.
    I have been registrated on MFP long time ago but not I did not have so much success yet.
    I would like to loose ca. 20 Lbs I would like to be ready for the summer :)
  • JamieLynne13
    JamieLynne13 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Jamie and I live in Las Vegas. I am 30, will be Turing 31 in January. I successfully lost 68 pounds between December and July this year. But August hit and I had some big stressors that threw right back into old habits. I have gained 20 pounds back. I want 2014 to be the year I hit my ultimate goal of 100 pounds lost, and I want to learn how to love myself enough not to spiral out of control when I have a hard time. I haven't joined any groups on myfitnesspal yet so I look forward to meeting you all!
  • SToast
    SToast Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I am 30 (turning 31 in January). I am a professional dog groomer and love my job most days. My interests are pole dancing, horses, and reading. I am married to a wonderful man and we have one 3 year old son who keeps me on my toes. I've never been much of a "homemaker" and would like to work on cooking healthy delicious meals for my family.

I'd like to lose a few pounds but mostly I'd like to lower my body fat % and look amazing in my pole clothes. I'd like to really focus on what foods I put in my body. I don't plan on doing paleo or anything like that (maybe after I get the "healthy thing down first) but I'd like to think of food more as fuel for my body. 2014 is going to be a great year!
  • parrya7x
    Options
    hi everyone I'm sarah, I'm from England, I have two small children 3 1/2 y/o little boy and an almost 1 y/o little girl, I'm 27 in a few weeks, I'm a sahm atm but used to work in transport, I desperately need to lose about 50lbs, I've been overweight most of my life, but recently my son has mantioned my big tummy and I don't want him to pick up on my bad habits, I also have a bad skin condition which seems worse when I'm eating unhealthily, I have recently become vegan, I like tattoos and music.