So it's working.

Options
Stacivogue
Stacivogue Posts: 325 Member
I am looking at my weight loss charts and have lost 15-18 lbs (up 3 lbs today??? Wtf). And 4 inches off my waist. So why do I get so depressed when I am up on a random day? Also, this is right about the time that I have stopped the last 3 times. Need help and support to get beyond this wall, I can do this. Right?

Replies

• mjones6599
    Options
    First of all, congratulations on your 18 pound loss, this is indeed a BIG deal!! Your weight can be "up" for several reasons such as exercise or consuming excess sodium the day before. If this change was from yesterday, (or even from last week) think about it like this: it takes a caloric surplus of 3500 calories to gain 1 pound. Which means you needed a surplus of 10,500 calories from yesterday (or over the week) to see that big of a change, and on the Medifast diet, that just didn't happen. However, fluid weighs a lot more than fat (1 gallon of water weighs about 8 pounds!!), so this is more likely the culprit, and will eventually flush out of your system. Given this, try not to get too upset about the scale and stay the course. YOU CAN DO THIS!!!
  • Stacivogue
    Stacivogue Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I am holding strong.
  • MCLA4mom
    MCLA4mom Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    You CAN do it! Its exciting! Since this is usually your point of exit in the past from now on you are doing something that you have not done before! A new journey.
    By the way, if you want to know how much weight that you have lost, weigh yourself weekly. If you want to know how much salt you had in your lean and green, weigh yourself every day.
    take care,
    Jennifer
  • Chiyak
    Chiyak Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You got this!