Memory loss - am I loosing it?

Options
Izzyd1979
Izzyd1979 Posts: 24 Member
Anyone experienced true memory loss - not just brain fog?

I'm a little freaked out as when I went to put wash in drier, I found it there, dried.
I live alone so nobody else switched it. I remember perfectly well putting it in - it was sheets so that makes me more concerned since I don't wash those everyday and I feel I should remember something about putting queen size wet sheets in a drier upon seeing them!!!

I am so certain I did not so this I'm considering the possibility of a helpful ghost !!:)

Replies

• Queen_Sugar
    Queen_Sugar Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hope all is well. I believe it does am forgetting password that's has been the same for months , where I put thing at second later and forgetting. now am writing everything down before I lose my concentration,, go through the older post you will see your not the only one.
  • JayMri
    JayMri Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Nope, you aren't loosing it. I do it all the time, it sucks but after three years of it I (and my husband) are used to it. I keep a notebook on my kitchen counter and take notes & make lists. Its just stuff like that and to do list items that I tend to forget. Not sure what makes them different.
  • Stripeness
    Stripeness Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Solidarity! Right there with you :-)
    My iphone and sticky notes remind me of more things than I really care to admit.
  • nali_fit13
    Options
    it is hard to deal with but i feel lucky i only show signs of this at home and not at work. It got to the point were my husband gave me words of the day to remember or memories and i would have the toughest time recalling it. I am going to start a masters program soon so i hope notes will help me.
  • calliekitten9
    calliekitten9 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I've had several "scares" with "losing" things in public.....drivers license, car key.....my grandfather had parkinson's which worries me.
  • JayMri
    JayMri Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    it is hard to deal with but i feel lucky i only show signs of this at home and not at work. It got to the point were my husband gave me words of the day to remember or memories and i would have the toughest time recalling it. I am going to start a masters program soon so i hope notes will help me.

Good luck with the masters! I completed a 6 course certificate program a couple of years ago and did fine. Maybe that type of memory uses a different part of the brain? I can go to a class or course and remember the information from that but not that I was supposed to pick up milk that day. Or where I parked the car.
  • Syriene
    Syriene Posts: 238
    Options
    It can be quite scary, but happens to a lot of us. I have come to depend on my calendar and notes more and more this year.
    Bring your concerns to your doc. If you are already on medication, maybe the dose needs to be tweaked a bit.
  • Aspieb
    Aspieb Posts: 26
    Options
    I'm glad you brought this up, because it's been a concern of mine lately, too. I keep forgetting things - I don't just forget - I forget that there was even something to remember. it's as if someone took an erasure and wiped all knowledge out of my mind.
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    ive been like this for years, i also forget the words for everyday items. used to scare me as my mum was like this in her 30's and turned out she had vascular alzhimers.

it gets worse right before my bloods show i need an increase in meds
  • shvits
    shvits Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    aging, stress, too much to do all that and more can cause you to forget. It sounds like you are really hard on yourself. relax, so you forgot something...big deal. I write sticky notes and leave them about the house and also write in my calendar. I bring the notes in the car too, just in case. I have some damage from medication I took 20years ago. I just learned to live with it.