Using the oxygen mask first

I was thinking I am chronic at getting my sons snacks and water for the day all packed and sussed - we go out and you can bet I haven't packed any low fat snacks or water for me. One sure way to grab something quick and bad for me and be super dehydrated and cranky by the end of the day. Why is it so easy to look after the little ones wellbeing but totally forget ours? Just like in the event of a plane crash, adults are advised to get their oxygen first so they are in a state to help the little ones. Anyone else like this and got any tips?:smile:

Replies

• chani8
    chani8 Posts: 946 Member
    I was thinking a similar thing. I only eat at set times and certain foods for diet/health reasons. Today I was getting ready to make my mid morning eggs, when 3 of my teens popped into the kitchen, saw me scrambling my eggs, and asked me to make them eggs, too. Of course, I'd love to make them something healthy to eat. However, while my blood sugar was dropping because I delayed my meal in order to include them, they were busy snacking on cookies and cereal. Oh well. It did make me happy that they ate eggs!