A day's calories in one meal!

Options
Sabine_Stroehm
Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
Add a large cola to this and here's many people's daily caloric intake in one meal.

http://www.brandeating.com/2013/12/news-olive-garden-adds-burger-to-menu.html

Replies

• mungowungo
    mungowungo Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Ouch - and it wouldn't fill you up for the day either so it's basically an invitation to overeat.

My son likes to watch a "documentary" on youtube called "Man vs Food" - some of the portions in that would feed a family for a week.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Ouch - and it wouldn't fill you up for the day either so it's basically an invitation to overeat.

My son likes to watch a "documentary" on youtube called "Man vs Food" - some of the portions in that would feed a family for a week.
    I saw one with a 72 ounce steak. A 7 ounce steak, yes, a 72 ounce steak? I'd barf 1/4 way through.
  • mungowungo
    mungowungo Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    But a 72 oz steak is obviously going to be packed full of calories. I saw one that had a big breakfast that was named something to do with a baby because the plate of food weighed about the same as a baby. That's 7 or so pounds of food! and they let you have it for free if you managed to pack it down in an hour. Blah!

Others are not so easy to figure out - I did it myself only yesterday when I was out and ordered what I thought was a healthier option - a sandwich and a coffee - the sandwich wasn't huge or oozing with mayo or cheese and the coffee was just a standard white coffee - it was a bit of a surprise when finished logging for the day - oops. We live and learn.