Winter Blues

Options
Anyone else get the winter/holiday blues and just want to eat? It's hard enough to get to the gym when it's so cold out (at least when you get to Pennsylvania) and then the time of year in general just makes you want to binge on your favorite comfort things -- for me, food.

How do you control your eating during the holidays?

Replies

• vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I have Major Depressive Disorder, but it kicks into overtime in the winter. I can't even get myself to do my yoga DVD on a regular basis. I'm lucky if I do it 2 times per week. I'm quite the binger. I wish I could offer you some advice, but I haven't found a good solution yet. I just want you to know you are totally not alone with this. I had a rough morning already, and it's difficult right now to not binge.

Hugs to you!
  • Sleepunderapalmtree
    Options
    I'm in Pennyslvania too and this snow and vey cold temps are really bogging me down. I hate getting up for work in the morning and when I'm at work (which just so happens to be at a bakery, of all the awful places to work) all I do is eat junk food. I'm a gym member but I have been there one time in the past month, so I'm completely there with you on the winter blues thing. If you need a friend feel free to add me :) this account I'm using is new but I've been a member here for quite some time. Wishing you well!