PR Board

Options
jdaley90
jdaley90 Posts: 259 Member
Hello lovely bulking ladies!

I didn't see one of these yet but I thought it'd be cool if we had a place to share our PR successes since bulking :)

I'll start... 10/22 my DL 1RM was 155x1. Last week I pulled 145x4 which means my theoretical 1 RM would now be 166x1. Yay!

Who is next!?

Replies

• TriLifter
    TriLifter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I'm going to sticky this so it's easy to find.

Okay, when I stopped SL5x5 four months ago, I was stalled at 65lbs for bench. No bench for four months, only pushups, then yesterday I did 4x5 at 70lbs (and on Sunday had done 1x3 at 75 lbs)!
  • jdaley90
    jdaley90 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I'm going to sticky this so it's easy to find.

Okay, when I stopped SL5x5 four months ago, I was stalled at 65lbs for bench. No bench for four months, only pushups, then yesterday I did 4x5 at 70lbs (and on Sunday had done 1x3 at 75 lbs)!

awesome!! When i tested my bench 1RM it was 75x1, last week I did 80x4 :D
  • Kestrelwings
    Kestrelwings Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Can I be a thick Brit? Do you guys do your weights in pounds or kilos? It is all kilos this side of the Atlantic, and I keep getting confused!

None of my PRs are big enough yet to post, but I am working on it ;-)
  • TriLifter
    Options
    HAHAHA...in pounds, so divide our numbers by 2.2. Any PR is noteworthy :drinker:
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    :)

Deadlift last week 215x4, hoping for 225 by 12/31/13.
    Squat 170x4 and bench 110x5, all at 132 lbs.
  • caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    My numbers aren't where I want them to be but that's exactly what I'm trying to work on! So for now ....

Squat: 145x5
    Deadlift: 175x5 but I did 185x1 yesterday
    Bench: 92.5x4 .... fractional plates come in handy for this one!

Current weight:118
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Can I be a thick Brit? Do you guys do your weights in pounds or kilos? It is all kilos this side of the Atlantic, and I keep getting confused!

None of my PRs are big enough yet to post, but I am working on it ;-)

A PR = personal record.

It's not a if you are over 100 lbs- it qualifies.

If you're PR was benching the bar- that is your PR.

Every gain- forward- is a gain. no matter WHERE it is on the scale of numbers.
  • RippedRunner
    RippedRunner Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Squat question!! Just added them to my routine so when you say "squat" you mean but just parallel to the floor, or do you mean all the way down baby! I have seen people in the gym do it both ways. Some don't get as deep as others. So when you say squat...are you parallel or below?
  • Dlacenere
    Dlacenere Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    If I don't go below parallel, I don't even want to count it :-)
  • HMVOL7409
    Options
    Yes a PR is just that, a personal record. Simply some prefer recording and progressing their lifts and goal lifts based on % of their BW, nothing more and really not a big issue.

Regarding squats, I don't fall for the *kitten* to the grass hype and break parallel. If I want to focus on my glutes and hamstrings more that day I will do ATG.
  • yogaga1
    yogaga1 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I got up to 155x5 on my Squats at 125 BW and then decided I wanted to join the ATG booty squad and lowered them to 125 to break below parallel. But, in all fairness- I can still squat 155x5 AT parallel. So, that counts, right? Ha.

DL is 175x5 but I need to buy more weights before I can break it! I've been stuck there for the last two months because I don't have any more to load on the bar. Never thought I would need them. LOL Asked Santa for big plates for Christmas!

I'm working my tail off to jack my bench up. Currently at 85x5. Hoping by the end of this bulk I can get to 95! Fingers crossed.
  • ssaraj43
    ssaraj43 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Week 13 Stronglifts

Today B
    Squat 155x5 (working back up 160 fail)
    OHP 70x5,5,5,4,3 (second fail working back up :explode: )
    Dead 185x5

Monday was A
    Squat 150x5
    Bench 95x5,5,5,4,5 :grumble:
    Row 100x5

Third try on Bench comes Friday. Very happy with progress made on this program. I love this barbell stuff!!!
  • westcoastgrl21
    westcoastgrl21 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Great thread! I'm at 205 x 1 for deadlifts, 90 x 5 x 5 for bench (just did that today!), and I'm not actually certain on my squats because I fudge around and change them up so much (going ATG, box squats, low-weight burnouts, below parallel 5x5 sets etc), but on Monday I did 165 x 3 to a box that was just below parallel, and that's the heaviest I've ever gone on any type of squat, so I'll call that my PR. :)
  • JoRocka
    Options
    Oh I forgot to add

As of recent PR lifts

Deadlift: 285 (this is sliding backwards rapidly right now though)
    Bench 170
    Squat 205 (and these are not pretty- barely breaking hip crease squats)
    OHP- 85 (god that's shameful)

As for what counts as a squat- the HIP CREASE (not the bone) MUST hit the knee joint to qualify. it's lower than you think. I shoot for ATG- and I like doing my front pause squats that way- but for heavy heavy weight- I go as low as qualifying and come back up- least that's what I'm shooting for- squats are a mental issue for me not just physical.
  • TriLifter
    Options
    Only 9 weeks out from my marathon and getting back into heavy lifting, squat PR last night: 120 4x5. Almost my body weight (124)!
  • Kestrelwings
    Kestrelwings Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I am not trying max efforts, just on a lifting programme from my PT where I put all weights up a notch each week. Only been lifting a about 9 weeks. My DL and Squats are both around body weight, but the squats are admittedly tad 'dirty' and I go lower weights for ATG and box squats.

OHP - pitiful. Easily my weakest area. So low that it is not even worth calculating as %BW ;-)
  • HMVOL7409
    Options
    I'm not a powerlifter, not trying to qualify for crap and probably never will. I lift for me and compete with myself, no one else and if my squats are dirty then so be it. There's always going to be critics saying what's a good squat and what isn't, what form is proper and what's not. That's the internet for you. How about everyone find what feels good for you and progress from there?
  • caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I'm not a powerlifter, not trying to qualify for crap and probably never will. I lift for me and compete with myself, no one else and if my squats are dirty then so be it. There's always going to be critics saying what's a good squat and what isn't, what form is proper and what's not. That's the internet for you. How about everyone find what feels good for you and progress from there?

Every single of word of this!! Love it.
  • TriLifter
    Options

Every single of word of this!! Love it.

Exactly--PERSONAL record! Love it, Holly!
  • JoRocka
    Options
    Not to turn this into an argument but just because you aren't competing doesn't mean you have to do something half *kitten*.

A real squat is defined by breaking parallel- basic anatomy decides what is parallel. That isn't some magical thing.

hip crease to knee- straight line- parallel to the ground.
    That's the accepted definition by EVERY credible fitness person.
    it's something very measurable with a yard stick.

If you chose to go ATG or just break parallel that's fine. If you chose to only do a 6 inch squat half squat so be it- but it's not a squat and the only person you are fooling is you.

There is a time and place for not doing a full depth squat. But it's not a thing to call it a squat if it's not.