Ideas for overcooked ground beef?

Okay, so I found a recipe online on making a cheap "jerky" using ground beef. I figured I had a ton so I'd give it a whirl. Well, it's awful haha. Absolutely awful. It was a pound of meat and now it's just all dried out wrapped up in the fridge. Any ideas on something I could maybe do to revive it a bit? I posted this on a forum more for foodies and most of the ideas included pasta...so I'm coming here instead >_<

Replies

• Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Do you have the recipe book Well Fed? There's a recipe in there that calls for some kind of dried beef. I can't remember the name because I only skimmed it because I don't have all the ingredients. It might be worth a try. I make jerky quite regularly, but never tried it with ground beef. That does not sound appealing.

It could no doubt be fried up with any kind of veggies, eggs or whatever. Maybe even "ground beef soup". Since the fat is cooked out you may need to add more.
  • HellsKells
    HellsKells Posts: 671 Member
    Maybe look for some sort of crock pot recipe that would help it reabsorb liquid?
  • I'd just stir a bunch of salsa into it, let it sit in the fridge for a few hours, and make taco lettuce wraps.
  • Lizzard_77
    Lizzard_77 Posts: 232 Member
    I would throw it in a pan with some stock, pref bone broth, and use it normally after abut 30 min to reconstitute. It will adsorb the broth and become palatable again :)
  • fruttibiscotti
    fruttibiscotti Posts: 987 Member
    I would throw in aomw fresh or canned tomatoes and make sauce
  • Do you have the recipe book Well Fed?
    I do not, but I'm getting it for Christmas (shhh, I know secrets!) but I do have a friend with it so I may look into that :)
    I make jerky quite regularly, but never tried it with ground beef. That does not sound appealing.
    It's not. At all. I love trying out of the box recipes and new odd things...so when I saw it I figured "what the heck, I'll do it"
    NO. Just no. Jerky blasphemy. BLAAASPHEMY!