B-12

Options
hey guys had my one week check up today and soo far ive lost 30 pounds soo along with the 20 that i lost on my pre diet i lost 10 pounds in one week of being on the liquid diet 30 pounds in three weeks is a great start but ive got soo much further to go my question tho is about vitamin B-12 they told me i start vitamins on my stage 3 diet which is 2 weeks from now well i buy my protein from unjury and found that their vitamins that are specific for bariatric patients had a lot more nutrients than just over the counter ones soo i bought them i got the multivitamins the calcium vitamin D-3 and vitamin B-12 well today they told me the B-12 had to be sublingual meaning you put it under your tongue and it dissolves well the B-12 that i bought are pill form and say to take them orally i looked it up and from what i see on the internet it says there is no difference between the two tho my doctors insisted it is supposedly abosrbed better with the sublingual soo my question is how do you take your vitamin B-12? sublingual or with a pill? just hoping i didn't waste 20 dollars on B-12 pills i can't use thanks a lot eveyone and happy holiday!

Replies

• annwyatt69
    annwyatt69 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking the reason for the necessity of the sublingual B12 is for the absorption issue and I believe that in capsule or caplet form it won't absorb properly in gastric bypass patients. I know that it is mandatory to use either the under the tongue, on the tongue meltaways, liquid drops, or shots for weight loss surgical patients. If it helps, I think Bariatric Fusion (which can be bought online at bariatricfusion.com) sells their vitamins cheaper than Bariatric Advantage, Unjury, and Celebrate. Good luck and awesome job on your weight loss so far!
  • emjohn69
    emjohn69 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I agree with annwyatt69. Although the different B-12 delivery methods may contain the same vitamin, the place in the GI tract that absorbs the B-12 has been bypassed in WLS patients, therefore not giving you any benefit. By taking it either sublingually or via injection, the B-12 gets into your system.

Keep up the great work!!!