New to MFP and getting sleeved on 12/30/13

Options
Hey guys! One of the biggest reasons I decided to join mfp was for the support and community. I just started my liver reduction diet and am having my surgery the day before new years eve. I think it would be great to make some friends who are going through this process and who have already been there :)

Replies

• annwyatt69
    annwyatt69 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your upcoming surgery! I had gastric bypass 15 months ago and life has been amazing since! Hope everything goes as smoothly for you as it has for me. MFP is great, as is the group here. Feel free to send a friend request--I'm on here every day and have been for about 625 days straight. I have found that to be successful I have to be honest in my logging and make sure and count every morsel of food or drink that I put in my mouth.
    Again, good luck and you've made a great choice with the sleeve!
  • shaynemkeeler
    Options
    HI! i was just sleeved on the 11th of this month soo im almost 2 weeks out and ive already lost 30 pounds!! you won't regret your decision good luck to you!
  • Tristaan
    Tristaan Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Welcome! And good luck with your surgery! :)
  • debkboulware
    Options
    Hi. I just had my gastric sleeve this Monday (a week ago tomorrow). I want to loose between 110-120 pounds, with the prediet and week 1 I am down 16 pounds. Naturally, I wanted to go to sleep and wake up slim and beautiful! It's a journey not a short trip and I would be telling a fib if I said this week went smoothly. I have a coworker that has been a support for me. Her suggestion was to think of small goals that are accomplished. This is about 10% toward my goal. Walking is essential it helps rid the CO2 used during surgery and lessens pain so start from the beginning with a committment to walk several times a day. A block or two to start and increase each day. Avoid staying in bed or sitting for a long time as it will increase the pain ..... walk, walk, walk. Drink liquids as advised by surgeon and dietician. This may decrease the physical hunger but it does not address the emotional reasons for over eating. We didn't gain the weight over night and we sure won't lose it over night. Find someone near you to support your goals and be a mentor. Looks like a lot of people on this site! P.S. use your pain medicine as prescribed ... it is hurts too much people tend not to do something. And walk. Good Luck! I will be thinking of you on the 30th. What a wonderful way to bring in a new year and a new you.
  • stroynaya
    stroynaya Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Good Luck with the surgery!
  • arielleigh213
    arielleigh213 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys! You are all so wonderful and encouraging :)