A new year coming up...time for a clean pantry!

Options
Clean out the pantry and throw all the junk away!
Take care of YOU!
Buy fresh.
Throw out the processed junk.
Less to worry about.
Clean out the fridge...really empty out and while you're at it, scrub the gooey stuff off the shelves.
Simple is easier...single ingredients...an apple!
Less food to tempt.
What's your plan?:heart: What's good for your heart?

Replies

• debilang
    debilang Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Simple *is* easier, Susan...THANK YOU for your suggestions! :flowerforyou:
  • debilang
    debilang Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    New Year 2014 is right around the corner. I feel sad that this group is not posting enough to make it lively. I have joined other groups that are active, and will be inviting the few who have tried to make a go of this one.

Susan....I cleaned out my refrigerator yesterday...and YES...need to clean out the pantry now. Please expect an invite.

Happy New Year all...We can STILL be Sassy Seniors Losing those Stubborn Pounds :happy:

Hugs and Smiles :flowerforyou:
    Deb :heart:
  • Gran315
    Gran315 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I haven't been on here for a couple of months because not only did I fall off the wagon, I lost the wagon altogether!!
    A two week visit by daughter and kids at the end of November, plus some health issues didn't help either, so here I am making another new start ...... the story of my life!
    My fridge is already nicely cleared out, the main problem will be taking care with the last of the Christmas goodies. I've cut the remaining Christmas cake into small slices and it's stored out of sight; I shall use that as one of my treats until it's gone, which won't take long with husband's help.
    Today, I shall make a veg stew to use up some remaining veg and that will be my main meal this evening and will help to get me back into the right mood.
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone. Yes, I have not been here much either :ohwell: .

I can not actually "clean" out the pantry of snacks nor the refrigerator b/c my DH likes his snacks, and he has NO weight/ health issues whatsoever at this point in time. I make it a point to serve healthy suppers to him and make healthy food/ fruit etc available - which he gladly eats.

Sooo, what I have to do is choose to eat mostly healthy and regulate my snack eating and make them true treats and not a free-for-all open invitation to myself as I sometimes do. Especially after logging and it is quite late at night. That is a struggle for me. I can over indulge in not only treats/ snacks but also healthy food.

:flowerforyou: