1200 Calories Plus Exercise

Options
Well for the past month I've been eating only 1200 calories and its working pretty well for me, but when I log my food and exercises I end up dramatically under my calorie intake.
They say in order to lose weight you must burn more than you intake, so is there a problem with me only eating 1200 calories and burning more than 1200 during exercise? Please Respond Any Feedback is welcome.

Replies

• ksears23
    ksears23 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have always heard that you shouldn't eat less than 1200, because that is what your body requires to keep your heart beating, breathing etc. Usually if its the end of the day and I'm pretty under my calorie goal still, Ill have a banana or other fruit or just some other small snack to try to keep me at 1200.
  • Fit_Mama84
    Fit_Mama84 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind that your body is burning atleast 1200 a day one it's own. This is the amount of calories someone in a coma might receive just to keep their body functioning. You should be netting enough calories for your body to function each day in order to keep your metabolism reved up yet still lose weight. Any less than that and you could end up messing up your body. Not to mention it is extremely difficult to get the nutrients you need with such a little amount of food.
  • briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Actually your heart only needs 400 to 600 calories a day to keep you alive.