Asacol

Options
Tatonka_usn
Tatonka_usn Posts: 433 Member
Hey everyone! My GI doc recently recommened Asacol to me, after having been on Entcourt (Budesonide).....off an on.....for the better part of a year. I actually have Lymphocytic Colitis, but my flares have been coming more often.....regardless of meds and/or diet....and it's really starting to wear me down (physically and emotionally). That said, I'm always hesitant on starting a new medication, particularly one I know little/nothing about. Any thoughts for folks who might have taken this one??

Thanks!!!!

Replies

• mkcmurphy
    mkcmurphy Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I have mild colitis and have taken both Asacol and Lialda. I've found success with both, neither with negative side effects. Hope it works well for you! Good luck!
  • Tatonka_usn
    Tatonka_usn Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Really appreciate the feedback, and am glad to hear they've been effective for you. Just started the Asacol today, and will see what happens....
  • lifu1
    lifu1 Posts: 10
    Options
    I was diagnosed with UC in May and my doc put me on asacol right away. I haven't noticed any weird side effects, and I've been feeling good. Good luck with it :)
  • Mighty_Rabite
    Mighty_Rabite Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    I have mild colitis and have taken both Asacol and Lialda. I've found success with both, neither with negative side effects. Hope it works well for you! Good luck!

I second this. I too have a mild case of UC, and both meds have been effective.
  • ermahampton
    Options
    Had severe bloody diarrhea for a couple months, went away for two years then came back worse. I was then diagnosed with ulcerative colitis. My Dr started me on 6 pills a day of Asacol. Within two weeks I was having completely normal bowel movements again with no pain. I then began decreasing my dosage (doctors orders) and now I am currently on 2 pills a day of 800g. My life is completely back to normal. The only side effect I have is slight dizziness during more stressful times. I have had a couple minor minor flares. I do miss my dosage once in a while but it never seems to affect me as long as I take my next dose. Would recommend Asacol in a heart beat! You can know more here http://www.internationaldrugmart.com/asacol.html