What is your favourite snacks after Gastric Bypass Surgery?

Options
I often feel like a nice snack... So, just wondering: What is your favorite go to (healthy) snack after Gastric Bypass Surgery?

Replies

• Daisyboohoo
    Daisyboohoo Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Two teaspoons of peanut butter with five small celery sticks.
    Fat Free Cottage cheese on crackers
  • bikrchk
    bikrchk Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Sargento reduced fat cheese stick
    Laughing Cow cheese wedge with a few rice crackers
    1/2 a Quest protein bar
    PowerCrunch protein bar
    Hummus on rice crackers or now branching to veggies in the later stages of my diet progression
    1oz of smokey gouda reduced fat, (Trader Joes) on a honey crisp apple
  • annwyatt69
    annwyatt69 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    An apple sliced with a bit of nonfat plain Greek yogurt with a tad of cinnamon and a packet of Equal. It is heavenly! It was one of the first "treats" I was given way, way back when I first become diabetic (1984.) Of course, back then the yogurt wasn't Greek. The snack if filling, full of fiber and protein too!
  • Daisyboohoo
    Options
    An apple sliced with a bit of nonfat plain Greek yogurt with a tad of cinnamon and a packet of Equal. It is heavenly! It was one of the first "treats" I was given way, way back when I first become diabetic (1984.) Of course, back then the yogurt wasn't Greek. The snack if filling, full of fiber and protein too!

Sounds good! I am definitely going to try this... Thanks Ann...
  • risskie
    risskie Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I will be two years out of RNY in Jan. and my favorite snack is Jello sugar & fat free cook'n'serve chocolate pudding made with skim milk. One box makes 4->1/4c servings with each serving only 35cal.
    Remember, I'm now on maintenance- and there is virtually no nutritional value to this 'snack'...but it's so chocolatey delish I just had to share. :laugh:
    Christine
  • gramsoffive
    Options
    I heat frozen raspberries in microwave and then top them with a serving of fat free cottage cheese. This is so yummy!!
  • Daisyboohoo
    Options
    Thanks for posting your favourite snacks! We've had some great suggestions!
  • DebbysJourney
    DebbysJourney Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Yes, thank you for starting the topic! There are great suggestions here and I've been needing some ideas. :)
  • VaingloriousVictoria
    Options
    Beef jerky, cheese sticks, trail mix/ almonds, and Greek yogurt.
  • TheMobileMom
    TheMobileMom Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Jello sugar free pudding cups! I had one every night once I was allowed to eat. My favorite was the vanilla choc swirl, just found the DuLeche. In a pinch, I could throw some protein powder in it to increase my protein for the day.
  • Daisyboohoo
    Options
    Yes, thank you for starting the topic! There are great suggestions here and I've been needing some ideas. :)

Pleasure! Hope to get a few more ideas from experienced (weight) losers! Us newbies have a lot to learn from them!
  • Daisyboohoo
    Options
    A High-Protein Snack Under 150 Calories:

A four-ounce container of low-fat cottage cheese (90 calories, 11 grams protein) with one small peach, diced (51 calories, 1.2 grams protein): 141 calories, 12.2 grams protein.

Yummi Yummi!!!

2q026gy.jpg
  • Daisyboohoo
    Options
    Another snack I just love is some veggies with a yoghurt and cucumber dip! Looks good and tastes wonderfully healthy!

o9e45k.jpg
  • Daisyboohoo
    Options
    So, let me first just confess.... :-( - I have not made all the snacks that I have posted here.... but I want to try it.
    I am just reckoning this will help a few of us who might need some inspiration (definitely me!)...
    If you have a snack you can share, please do so.....

This is cucumber with some brie and salmon.... sounds so yummy!

vy8e2q.jpg
  • LolaBug85
    LolaBug85 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    So, let me first just confess.... :-( - I have not made all the snacks that I have posted here.... but I want to try it.
    I am just reckoning this will help a few of us who might need some inspiration (definitely me!)...
    If you have a snack you can share, please do so.....

This is cucumber with some brie and salmon.... sounds so yummy!

vy8e2q.jpg

Omg I need to try this!
  • Jenn87m
    Jenn87m Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I love Protein chips http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store/snacks-and-treats/healthsmart-protein-chips-sea-salt-and-vinegar-1-bag.html they are different from regular chips but tasty. My favorite is Sea salt and Vinegar but there is a Pizza flavor, Barbeque flavor and ranch flavor.
  • Susann1963
    Susann1963 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Agree with the above suggestions, also string cheese, raw nuts such as almonds, hummus, also love the frozen original Fudgesicles (40 cals no sugar added).
  • LolaBug85
    LolaBug85 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Dannon Light & Fit greek yogurt! It's SO yummy! I normally HATE greek yogurt but this stuff is fantastic. I've found that different stores carry different flavors. There's good ones like banana cream, toasted coconut, raspberry chocolate, strawberry cheesecake, key lime pie, etc. They seem to be the healthiest and most delicious greek yogurt I've found to date :)
  • sue100194
    Options
    ice-cold sliced cucumbers with salt, lime juice and chili pepper - haven't tried this since surgery but it was a favorite before surgery!
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    Dannon Light & Fit greek yogurt! It's SO yummy! I normally HATE greek yogurt but this stuff is fantastic. I've found that different stores carry different flavors. There's good ones like banana cream, toasted coconut, raspberry chocolate, strawberry cheesecake, key lime pie, etc. They seem to be the healthiest and most delicious greek yogurt I've found to date :)

What is the sugar content of these? They do sound delicious!