I need a virtual training friend

Options
bonjour24
bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
I'm just about to get back into the swing of things. I have a half on 23rd Feb, another half on 16th March (a hilly one), and a challenging full on 3rd May.
I've done this all before and have been filled with determination, so being alone hasn't been an issue. But for the last year or so I've found running lonely. There are no running groups near me, and I work shifts so often run at inconvenient times of day. I had myself a running buddy, and I'd planned to do all of the above runs (and the bulk of the long training runs) with her. But she has recently found herself in the family way and can barely drag her *kitten* out of bed for a walk!
I don't need someone to run with per se. I need someone who is on a similar training path to me so I can share stories and have someone to keep motivated with.
Does anyone else out there have any plans that are in any way similar to mine, and want to be my virtual buddy?

Replies

• jezama77
    jezama77 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Hello! I have a full marathon on March 1 and either a full or a half on April 27. I did my first marathon this past December so I am fairly new to training, but I survived the first and loved it! Feel free to message me if you would like. I live in Tucson, AZ so we would definitely be virtual! I struggle sometimes to get out of bed and run, but I have been hanging in there pretty good. :) And good luck on all your races!
  • HappyRunner34
    HappyRunner34 Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've run 6 or 7 half marathons and one full (10 years ago). I'm training for a full in June and have a half and a 30k run plus other road and trail races! Gonna be a heck of a fun running year! Happy to be a virtual training partner with anyone that's into it!
  • jess__bat
    jess__bat Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm training for my first marathon May 4th. I try to work out 6 days a week and try to log every day, add me if you want! (Ps. I creeped on your profile, and it's cool you're from NZ! My husband and I applied twice for skilled migrant visas but never made it over.)