Mission Bay, Coatesville and Rotorua

Options
bonjour24
bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
I'm just about to get back into the swing of things. I have a half in Auckland on 23rd Feb, another half in Coatesville on 16th March (a hilly one), and the challenging Rotorua full on 3rd May.
I've done this all before and have been filled with determination, so being alone hasn't been an issue. But for the last year or so I've found running lonely. There are no running groups near me, and I work shifts so often run at inconvenient times of day. I had myself a running buddy, and I'd planned to do all of the above runs (and the bulk of the long training runs) with her. But she has recently found herself in the family way and can barely drag her *kitten* out of bed for a walk! Is anyone here doing any of these runs?
I don't need someone to run with per se. I need someone who is on a similar training path to me so I can share stories and have someone to keep motivated with. But it would be great to meet up with someone a few times for the long runs. Or a different run. Or anything really, just to break the monotony of training alone.
Does anyone else out there have any plans that are in any way similar to mine, and want to be my virtual buddy?

Replies