Entering Activity and Sync

Options
Help! Trying to get back in the swing of things with the new year approaching. Since I have the BM fit link I know I should check the negative adjustments in the settings and my calories burned will sync with MFP. But I like to enter my individual activities. How do I do this with the automatic sync? I don't want my activity to be double counted but I would like to keep track of what I do on certain days to see what works for me.

Replies

• SJCon
    SJCon Posts: 224
    Options
    I am not sure is you enter a start and stop time in MFP for an anctivity that it will double dip. Pretty sure it does not with a FitBit but I don't know about with a Body media. You can always enter the exercise as zero calories if you just want a record or us a different app to record for record keeping. I use a Polar HRM and track it in "Polar beat" which will not sync with MFP. I liked using the Digifit Program but found it way overestimated calories if I use my HRM with it. There are other programs you may want to consider. Sorry if I misunderstood your question or this does not help.
  • jules77az2004
    jules77az2004 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I was afraid of the same thing. I like logging my workouts because I like the feedback and support from my MFP pals. So when I first got my BM I missed the interaction with my pals. I decided to just log them and see what happens. So here is what happens. I sync up every morning before I get movin' and lets say BM adds 600 to my activity log. Each time I manually enter an activity to MFP it subtracts from my BM log. So lets say I added a burn of 200. MFP subtracts that 200 from My BM log to make it 400. Does that make sense? It's pretty cool. :) It's nice being able to fully use both sites and not worry about them not interacting correctly :)